Chapter 6

Heaven pov

Today is the day that I get to see Cassandra. Bey talked to her lawyers and I get a 15 minute visit with her. Its not like I'm going to sit there and listen to her beg for my forgiveness. I just came for my apology and I'm leaving.Bey isn't coming because she said that the old Texas Beyoncé will come out and she doesn't want that to happen. Therefore, Jay will be there and he will be sitting at the table with me, just in case something happens.

We are currently sitting at the table waiting for her to come out.

"Are you ready to see her?" Jay asked

"Not really but I know this is something that has to happen."

"I wish your mother would've came."

"I don't think that's a good idea. Did you see the way she looked when we left."

"Yeah but-"

"Hey sweetie."

I looked up and Cassandra was standing on the opposite side of the table. I didn't know whether to be happy or start yelling. I just grabbed Jay's hand and held it tight. She sat down and I seen so much hurt in her eyes.

"How have you been?" she asked

"Better than you."

"How's Beyoncé treating you?"

"Better than you."

"How's-"

"Why did you do it?" That question has been burning a whole in my head for a while.

"I had just gotten out of the hospital and I was desperate. I had just lost my daughter. I posed as a nurse and as soon as I layed eyes on you, I knew you were the perfect child for me. When your mother asked me to watch you I agreed to do it. As soon as i knew she was gone, I took you away. I rode the subway home. I kept thinking I was going to get caught, but i didn't. Years passed and your search faded,"

"There were more babies in that hospital. Why did you choose me? Was it because I was Beyoncé's daughter-"

"You are my daughter. She wasn't there for you for the past 16 years! I was!" well that struck a nerve.

"That's because you stole me away from her!"

"who was the one that took care of you? Who was the one that gave you any and everything you wanted? What has she done for you in 4 weeks that I didn't do for you in 16 years?"

"She shown me how a mother really loves her child unlike you."

I got up and walked out the room. I walked all the way to the car without Jay. About five minutes later he showed up.

Jay pov

"What do you want?" she asked

"How can you live with yourself knowing what you did was wrong? You robbed a child from 16 years of her life. Time she can never get back. You made her mother, my wife, suffer. You took the one thing she's ever wanted. Beyoncé will never get her baby back but she has a strong daughter. That innocent baby that you took grew up and now she has to face the truth. She's been lied to he whole life and you're the cause of it."

"And who are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Shawn Carter. Also known as the man that's going to make sure you suffer for what you did to my family."

I got up and went to the truck. I found Heaven crying in the front seat. i got in and held her hand as I drove home.

We walked through the door and Bey came out of the living room.