Chapter twenty-six: Say what?!

We talked for hours. And every now and then, I could see Devan’s eyes trying to open; he would move his hand at times. The doctor told me, he would be awake any moment now. Time was going by fast while waiting for my love to come back to me. His sister just fell in love with my twins, and Mandy took up with her already. “Raven, I swear, Mandy has the same eyes as you! But of course she has her daddy eyes, after all.” I said to her.

She let out a laugh. “We get that from our father’s side of the family. I bet you anything, Mandy eyes going to change from blue to green before she hits one. But Katherine, on the other hand, probably going to have her mother’s blue eyes. She already looks so much like you!”

That was the truth. Mandy took after her father, while Katherine took after me. It was pretty amazing how that happened.

“Let’s get some food.” Rick muttered. We all looked over at him. “What! I want some food, who’s coming with me?”

“I will.” Angel said, and they hurried out of the room. Just then the doctor walked in. And this time, he wasn’t alone. He had a teenage guy with him, probably around my age.

He was thin, a few inches taller than Devan was, with blonde hair, and his eyes- a bright, piercing brown-never my face since walking in here. He looked so familiar to me, but I place him.

“This is my nephew, Ryan Redwood.” The doctor told us, I saw Raven eyes widen. She knew him, that’s for sure. Wait did he just said Redwood! That’s my last name! No wonder, I knew him. He’s probably my cousin, since my father didn’t have any more children.

He holds out his hand to me, but I didn’t move mine. He then withdraws it, and sighed. “Well, what’s your name?”

“Britany Redwood.” I replied to him. “Nice to meet you, now tell me why you’re here for, because it’s freaking weird having a teenage guy with his uncle at his job.”

He cocked his head. “Maybe, I want to be a doctor as well, Miss, Redwood. Never hurt to see what the job is all about is it?”

I laughed in his face. “No it’s not, unless you’re just here to see all the girls, hanging around here.” I murmured. “You’re just another man whore.”

“Stop it!” Raven interrupted. “He’s not a fucking man whore, but he was my baby’s father.”

Somehow, I could believe that. Why am I finding all these people in my fiancé hospital room? Why does this have to happen to me, out of everyone else? I found Devan’s half sister, found her baby’s father, which whom could be my cousin.

I stood up and clasped my hand behind my back like a soldier would do. Ryan has the same eyes like my father and even his nose. Why did look so much like my dad? Perhaps, my father had a brother or sister he never told me about. Maybe that’s it!

There’s no way, I had a brother out there. For crying out loud, my dad was with my bitch of a mother since high school. But again, they always hated each other. He could have always, found a new family....

All of this just disgusted me to the point where I wanted to be sick. He couldn’t just cheat on my mother after she had me! He wouldn’t do that! “How old are you, Ryan?” I asked, trying to make small talk.

He raised his blonde eyebrow. “It’s none of your business.”

I snorted. “Maybe it is! God, does it hurt to make small talk around here?”

“It kind of is.” Raven said evasively. I sent her a death glare. “Don’t give me that look!” She snapped. “Ryan doesn’t like talking to people which are bitches.”

I swallowed and walking away from the group, I made my way back over to Devan’s bedside. I leaned down and kissed him. Hoping this kiss would wake him up, like in the fairytales. But only if life could be like that!

The room fell into silence for awhile. No one said anything. I turned my gaze over to the group, and I saw figure coming into the room, but I couldn’t tell who it was at first. “Britany, I need to talk to you alone.” I heard my father say. “And Ryan, you may stay with us.” Ryan nodded as everyone else hurried out of the door. “Never thought, y’all would run into each other like this.”  

Oh, God!

.....................................................................................................

Here's the CH, I know it's short but there's a reason for that :) I wanted this 2 end as cliffhanger and I'm hoping this was a good one lol

Please vote, comment & fan