Chapter twenty-five: New Feelings

Everyone once in their life was told about death or stories about out-of-body experience, in my case, my mother never told me about either of those, she was afraid of death; she couldn’t take the thought of it. When my grandfather died, she couldn’t make herself go to his funeral-her own father’s. My grandma tried her best to make my mom go, but that didn’t go anywhere. “Grandma, mommy won’t go, please stop trying to make her.” I had said to her, when I was ten years old.

Grandma just shook her head. “But Devan, she has to go with us! It’s her father’s funeral. She would feel awful for the rest of her life if she don’t come along.”

“She doesn’t want to!” I had snapped. “If someone is OCD on seeing their love ones dead, then they don’t have to come!” I was always sticking up for my mother, even at the worst time ever. At times I would get slap in face because of it, but I didn’t care! They need to care about her feelings as well.

My grandma was just being selfish.

“Mum, you can’t make me go! You cannot force me.” My mother had pleaded, small tears threatening at the corners of her reddened eyes. “I want to remember my dad how he was before he died! I don’t want to remember how he is now!”

My mother was born in London, England and moved to the USA when she was sixteen, which was how she met my father….

After she had me at eighteen, they got a divorce, for whatever reason it was, I would never find out.

Looking back through this memory made me want to cry and hit a wall at the same time….

There was a girl in my room, about my age, seventeen and skinny, with huge frightened eyes and long blonde curls. “I told him to stop hitting me, I told him please don’t hurt him.” I didn’t know who she was and why she was in my hospital room. I glanced over my bed and seeing myself once again in the bed-I was having another out of body experiences. “He killed him, Devan! My baby is gone.” I wanted so much to make her feel better. To help her with this bad time, but I couldn’t. “I don’t know if you could hear me, and part of me hope you can, but the other part of me hopes you don’t.” She sighed. “Our father is dead. I’m your sister. You’re the only one I have left in my life….”

My father…our father is dead. How is he dead? How did he die? Why am I just finding out about this?! My mom never told me about this! Wait, does she even know?

“My mother died the same day as our father,” She continued, “It was a house fire. I was over one of my friend’s house that night, when it happened. Nevertheless, I can’t really talk about it. But Devan, my best friend killed my baby, and he’s after Britany.” Her green eyes darkened. “I would do anything in my power to stop him! God, I wish I wasn’t with him! I wish I can just break up with him but the truth is, I can’t. I’m afraid he’s going to kill me if I do.”

My sister has the sane eyes as I do. We both have our father’s eyes. And you’re wondering my mind went to that. I don’t have a clue.

I saw the door opening as Britany walked in. Her eyes widen when she saw my sister. “Who are you?” Britany asked.

The other girl stared at Britany for awhile before saying, “I’m Raven Jackson. Devan’s half sister.”

“How old are you?” She asked again.

“Sixteen. Listen, I don’t feel like telling you about myself, I was here to see my brother and get stuff off from my mind.”

“He never told me about you!” Britany nearly shouted. “How do I know you’re really his sister?”

“He never knew about me.” Raven said quickly. “He never found out I was his sister! Gosh, you don’t get this! I’m not even going to explain this to some slut!”

Fuck.

                               Britany Redwood

I stared at this bitch for awhile; I swear if looks can kill, she would be long dead about now. She DID NOT JUST CALL ME A FUCKING SLUT. “Bitch, please! The only slut is you. I swear, if I didn’t bring my twins here with me, I would beat your fucking ass in!”

Angel and Rick walked in the room with the twins. “What’s going on here?” Angel asked.

I pointed to Raven. “Angel meet Raven. She said she’s Devan’s half sister but she sounds just like the person on the phone that one night! There’s no way in hell she’s Devan half sister! She just called me a slut.”

“Britany, calm down now,” Rick ordered. “Let’s hear her side of the story, please.”

I nodded my head and waited for her to talk. She slowly got up from her seat and made her way over towards us. Angel handed Katherine to me, while Mandy stayed in her car seat.

Raven blinked back tears. “I can’t do this anymore.” She sobbed. “The truth is, Devan knew about me since he was little, and we made a promise to each that we won’t tell anyone about us being brother and sister. Our father died in a house fire just about a year ago. And on top of all that, I lost my baby. I had a miscarriage.”

I was at a loss for words.

She lost her baby. She’s probably losing her brother. Wait, something is missing here!

“How did you lose your baby?” I asked, trying to place all of this in my head.

She peeked away. “I-I, it’s none of your business!” I knew this was not over with. I could see that in her face. “My boyfriend hit me right in my stomach three month ago, and that’s how I lost him.”

“I’m so sorry!” I told her. “You could always hold your nieces. Nobody is holding Mandy.” I smiled kindly at her. “Let’s start over.”

She nodded in agreement. “Let’s,”

..........................................................................................

Please,

vote

comment

&&

Fan :)

I hope this was a good CH, I tried my best on it lol