Chapter 7

Alexis

There are so many things I didn't know about Matthew. Of course, I knew that I would eventually find out things about him that I wouldn't have already known, but there are so many. He told me basically every little thing there is to know about him and I think it's so cute. His birthday is July 7, he always orders pepperoni pizza but takes the pepperoni off and eats it last, he's a size 11 in shoes (I don't know why I needed to know this but okay..), he loves hats, tank tops and Vans (as if I couldn't tell by looking at what he has been wearing since the first day of school), he loves to make weird, funny videos with his friends, and he wants to be an actor when he's older.

"You guys, come down if you don't want to starve to death!" my mom calls me and Matt down for dinner. The time went by really quickly, it's already 5:15 and we got out of school at three. I wash my hands in the bathroom before I go down and Matthew follows me to do the same. As soon as I hit the bottom if the staircase I can smell the deliciousness coming from the chicken on top of the stove that my mom just pulled out of the oven, alongside with some rolls and potatoes. Yum!! I never realize how hungry I am until I actually see food.

I serve myself an almost overflowing plate and Matthew puts a chicken leg and some potatoes on his. I offer him a bread roll, but he says that he always eats the bread last.

"You're such a weirdo," I tell him.

"Well thank you, Miss Bruno Mars-obsessed." I'm guessing my mom could hear us because I then hear her laughing from the dining room.

"I'm not obsessed, I just really, really, really love Bruno Mars," I defend.

"Hmm, three 'really's' followed by a 'love', um yeah, that's called an obsession." Fine. He wins.

I lead Matthew to the dining room. The table sits six and my mom always sits at the end. I sit down with my mom on one side of me and Matt on the other. Dinner always feels lonely, but Matt's company here today really helps with that feeling.

I finish my dinner quickly and get up to serve myself for seconds.

"Alexis, please bring out the pitcher of water from the fridge!" my mom calls to me just as I take a bite out of my bread roll. I open up the fridge. Damnit, that was the freezer. I always confuse the two fancy high-tech doors. We've had this fridge for like a month now, I really need to get used to it before I accidentally stick the ice tray in the fridge and apples in the freezer.

I sit my plate in my spot where I was sitting before and the water in front of Mom.

"Thanks, Alexis."

"Mhm," I try to say. It comes out really weird because my mouth is full of food. Apparently this was comedy to my mom and Matt.

I soon finish my second serving just as Matthew downs his glass of water. I get up to excuse myself from the table and walk back into the kitchen to put my plate in the sink. I'm about to grab Matthew's, too, but he insists on doing it on his own. This isn't Burger King but I guess he can have it his way.

"Thanks, madre!" I yell to my mom as I cross through the living room. She yells back your welcome, as always. Matthew goes back into the dining room to thank her. Of course he would. I run back up the stairs to my room, hoping I can beat him to it so that I can scare him. My door is still open when I get to my room and I immediately see that the closet door is slightly open, just enough for me to squeeze in. I make it in there and in a comfortable spot on top of some extra blankets just before Matt comes in ten seconds later. I can see him from the opening in the closet and his face his hilarious, he looks very confused. I have to fight myself from laughing.

"Uh.. Alexis?" I try as hard as I can to keep my breathing silent. I wait a few moments until he is facing the opposite direction of my closet before I jump out and shake his shoulders. He then screams like a little girl. I never even screamed like that when I was little and my dad would take me to a really scary haunted house each year for halloween.

"OH MY GOD, ALEXIS!" Matthew says after screaming for five seconds with the fright still in his face. I'm just cracking up. This is probably the most I've laughed in one moment since the time an ocean wave took me and four of my friends from my old school down all at once. I came out with seaweed on my hair and wrapped around my stomach, while my friends came out with either sand covering them from their feet up to their knees or a piece of kelp on each shoulder.

"Sorry!... I just.. Had to!!" I'm still dying over here while he's just looking at me like I was his mom and told him he was adopted or something.

Please be sure to vote and comment! Love you guys!<3;)