Chapter 1

Hey, everyone! I'm gonna try to make this intro short so I hope you enjoy reading my first story! I will try to update as much as I can when I can, and if you're reading this right now I already love you!<3:) And also, every chapter will be altering the points of view between Alexis and Matthew. Try to keep that in mind so you don't get confused.;D

Everybody is staring. They are all pointing and laughing at me but I don't know why. I just want to cry and run off to go hide somewhere, but there are too many people surrounding me.

My alarm goes off at exactly 7:00am. I'm breathing a little hard from the nightmare I just awoke from. Will my first day of high school really go that terribly?

I have an hour before school starts, so I take my time getting ready. I take half an hour in the shower, though that isn't anything out if the ordinary, and I take fifteen minutes to get dressed and do my hair, leaving me with another fifteen to eat a light breakfast and get to school with enough time to figure out where to go.

"Alexis Marie Ramirez, come down for breakfast before it gets cold!," my mom yells from downstairs. As if I didn't know it was ready. I can smell the delicious chocolate chip pancakes from my room. I eat one pancake when I get down so I can get to school on time, but I really could eat another three. My hunger will just have to control itself until lunch.

The drive to my new school with Mom is short. We arrive and I let out a big breath. Santa Monica High School. Here I am. I am looking at the next four years of my life and suddenly everything that could happen within those four years flashes before me. Will I be failing classes or be a big nerd? Will I be the girl in the back of the room too quiet to raise her hand even to ask to go to the bathroom or will I fit in with anybody I please? Am I going to be look like a loner all the time or will I have somebody by my side when I need them? The thoughts make my head hurt for a few moments, but it stops when Mom grabs my arm.

"Is something wrong, Alexis?"

I give her a small grin and lightly shake my head no. "I'll find out at the end of my day." I tell her and get out of the car. She parked across the street so I run across the street to get to the other side. I look back at her and wave before stepping through the entrance gate. She smiles and even from where I am standing, I can see her eyes beginning to get wet.

I walk through the gate entrance and immediately notice the huge crowds of people. Well the girls, really. What I'm paying attention to about them is what they're wearing. I swear some of them work at a strip club. I guess I'm just not so used to seeing teenagers dressed with all the freedom they want. I used to go to a Catholic school in Hawthorn before I moved to Santa Monica and all I usually ever got to wear were plain blue T-shirts with modest plaid skirts. They do seem to be much older girls, so I probably won't have to deal with them my whole four years here. The next thing I notice is a big board on wheels by the field. I have visited the school before over the summer, but I never really took notice of how humongous the field is. I shift my attention back to the board to look for my name telling me which classroom to report to where I can get my schedule. God, I hope today goes fine, I quietly think to myself.

First class is English. Next is Algebra II, followed by biology, ceramics, P.E., history and last but not least, Spanish. I don't know why my mom made me do Spanish, I've been speaking it perfectly at home since I could talk. Besides, I wanted to try French for my foreign language. I guess I could try for it next year. According to my schedule, most of my classes are pretty close to eachother. On the same floor and in the same building, actually. I remember my counselor saying something about the school being broken up into houses to make getting around to classes easier. Seems something like what would happen in college. I am apparently in O House, out of S, M, O, H, and I.

English goes by swiftly, and the teacher isn't so bad. The class is small, so I'm glad that only gives me less people to worry about to have to deal with everyday. My next class is Algebra II. Yes, I know it's a little advanced for an incoming ninth-grader, but math has always been the one subject I'm good at. But now I realize that I'm going to be in a class with students in tenth and eleventh grade, and maybe even some of the more unintelligent twelfth graders. I get to the classroom to find that the teacher isn't here yet. Great. A classroom full of teenagers without anybody here to show them a little bit of maturity. Damn, I am really sounding like a freaking goody-two-shoes teacher's pet. I hope I don't come off like that to people.

I sit down in the third desk closest to the front of the room in the row next to the windows. After I put my stuff down and the read the chalk board saying "Welcome Students!", I finally begin to take in everything else around me. There are a lot of kids here. I spot two of the girls who dress not so conservatively from earlier, one of them making out with a guy in his desk. My thoughts of how disgusting their kissing is and how badly I want a boyfriend are interrupted when a boy sitting behind me taps my shoulder. I quickly turn around to find the most perfect chocolate eyes staring into mine. I guess I was too caught up in thought about how cute he is because he has to wave his hand in my face to catch my attention.

"Hello? Earth to the brunette in front of me?" the boy chuckles.

"Oh, um, sorry I was just deep in thought. Did you say something?" I say trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Yes." He says with a cute laugh. "Hi. My name is Matthew Espinosa. It's nice to meet you. Are you in ninth grade?- You seem a little young to be in this class."

I fumble for the right words, and they come out just fine with my luck. "Oh. Yeah, it's nice to meet you, too. I'm new to the city as well. My name is Alexis Ramirez. What grade are you in?" He looks to be in tenth grade, maybe fifteen or sixteen years old.

"I'm in eleventh grade. Sixteen-years-old." Oh my god his smile is beautiful. "I don't want to come off being one of those perky people, but I would love to be your first friend here. I mean it's okay if you find new friends and prefer to hang with them, but if you do have any troubles I'll be in the main quad at lunch. Maybe you could come find me so we could eat together? That's if you want to, of course." He says with a big grin.

"I'd love to!" I say quickly, hopefully not sounding too excited. There is no way I would ever turn him down, especially when he is wanting to be my first friend here. First. As if he expects me to make more. I had already decided in first period that I am not going to be a big people-person here.

He jumps a little at my quick reaction and chuckles. "Great! I hope you don't mind that I'll also be with with some of my friends, they are a little weird when you first meet them, but don't worry, they'll love you and you'll love them. Our little group is pretty hilarious, if I must say. I'm kinda known for being the one to fool around the most." He says with a small giggle.

I laugh, I think I little too loud because I can feel a few eyes turn to me, but I don't care right now because I'm too caught up in my conversation with Matthew. "Of course I don't mind! Just as long as they're as funny as you." He gives me a shy grin and his cheeks turn a little rosy.

The rest of class is spent with the teacher explaining what we would work in over the year, but I didn't really pay attention to any if it because I was too busy thinking about Matthew and how great this year can be if I remain friends with him. I have to, though part of me is saying that I don't just want to be friends with him. The rest if the day goes by just the same as this class. I got to meet some of Matthew's friends, though I was only able to remember some of them. There was Carter, Nash, Taylor and the last one I remember was Cameron. They seemed nice and all had good looks, but I couldn't get over my new obsession-at least I think it's an obsession- with the one and only Matthew Espinosa.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first chapter! I will try to update tomorrow for a chapter from the POV of Matthew!<3:)