Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“My name is Maggie. Do you understand why you’re here Mackenzie?”

Mack licked his dry lips as his eyes skimmed over Maggie. Hell he knew what his job normally entailed but he wasn’t quite sure if that’s what this woman wanted.

“Take you out to eat ma’am, dancing, drinks if that’s your sort of thing. Then take you home and make you feel good.”

Mack kept his answer simple, he didn’t know really what else to say. Normally his clients organised the location for dinner or Madam Louise would. He just followed the itinerary and made sure his client was smiling when he finally left her at the end of the night.

Mack watched as Maggie stepped closer to him. Up closer he could see that he towered over her. If he had to guess he would say that she stood about 5’6 with no shoes on. He could finally make out her eye colour also. Maggie had the most unusual eye colour, a washed out green with flecks of gold through them that made them captivating.

“And Mackenzie, can you make me feel good?”

Her question was soft but her voice seemed to hold a genuine curiosity when she asked. Mack ran a hand through his short brown hair. He knew the action would have it sticking up more.

“Miss Maggie I sure hope I can. You’re paying me a hell of a lot of money so that I do”

A small smile broke out on Maggie’s face. It made her innocent features even lighter. Mack couldn’t help when his body started to respond. The last time he had sex with someone younger than him was just after his wife had left him. Mack had gone on a bender, drinking far too much alcohol and waking up still inside some chick with a raging hangover, when her kid came into the room asking for breakfast.

It was one of his lowest points and since that event the only women he had slept with were the ones that used Madam Louise’s services. He was always gone by the end of the night as rules stated “No Sleepovers unless hired for more than a standard evening.”

“Let’s not talk about the money Mackenzie but I would love to know where you are taking me to eat?’’ the smile was still on Maggie’s face when she asked and Mack felt himself starting to sweat.

“Normally the ah… I mean my date organises where we go. Most of them like to be discreet.”

Shit, Mack knew he was making a fool of himself but Maggie was throwing him off. He felt like a dumb teenage boy standing in front of her.

“Don’t worry Mackenzie, you’re lucky that this Motel has an amazing restaurant downstairs. We can eat there if that’s alright with you?”

Maggie’s voice stayed in that same tone. She sounded so soft and inviting. Her eyes were shining with amusement and Mack didn’t know what she found so funny. More than likely the fact that he was 32 years old and stuttering like a school boy.

“Well, let us go dine Mackenzie. I’m sure a man of your size is always hungry. Especially that it’s”

Maggie reached for his hand. Her fingers were cool on his sweaty hand. She gazed at his wrist watch and looked back at him.

“9.30. it’s well and truly past a normal dinner time”

She kept hold of Mack’s hand and headed for the door her purple robe moving along her thighs as she stepped. Mack didn’t move, only cleared his throat and waited for Maggie to look at him. When she did and raised an eyebrow in question as to why he wasn’t following. He looked at her robe again before asking.