Little Miss Shrinky-Dink // k.l.

Warnings: cursing lol

I walked into the KnJ house because my best friends, Kian and Jc, said they wanted to film a video with me today. I closed the door behind me and greeted everyone as I walked in the door. "Hey guys, what's up?" I said as I made my way to the couch.

"Not you.." I heard Kian mumble, followed by a few slight chuckles. I put a fake smile on my face and let out a chuckle as fake as movie theater popcorn.

"No but seriously, whats the plan?" I ask.

"We have a few hours to spare, so maybe we can go to The Grove or something.." Bobby suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." I said and chuckled. We talked for a bit until I went into the kitchen to get a snack. I walked in and opened the cabinet only to find that the bag I was looking for was right out of my reach.

"Someone help me, please!" I yelled out to the living room, knowing they'd know the problem.

"On my way, Little Miss Shrinky-Dink!" I heard Kian shout back. I rolled my eyes and took in a deep breath. It doesn't bother you.

I noticed Kian enter the kitchen and I motioned to the chips. He grabbed the chips and handed them to me. "Thanks, bro." I said as we left the kitchen.

"No problem, short stack." He sat down on the couch as I put on a hardly believable fake smile, but somehow he didn't see through it. I just wanted to scream 'I'm not that short!!' But I can't.. It's stupid to be so upset over something like this..right?

"So when are we going to The Grove?" Corey asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Whenever everyone is ready I guess." I replied. About ten minutes later we all decided to get going so we went out the door and split up in two cars. Jc and I went into Kian's car and met Bobby and Corey there. We got there and all started walking around together. We met people, had fun, and kept walking.

Kian said, "I still don't understand how you're so fucking short."

"Running out of jokes, Mr. Lawley?" I say, trying to make it seem like i couldn't care less what he said about my height.

"What do you think?" He said. We laughed and kept walking. He continued making short jokes and I grew even more quiet throughout the day. We finally came back home and went out to the backyard to film.

"Hey, I'm gonna go help Bobby bring things inside." I say and walk off.

"Let me know if you're to short for anything!" Kian shouted as I walked inside. I shook it off and walked into the kitchen to help Bobby.

"Hey..are you okay, Y/n?" Bobby asked me.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I say, putting a fake smile on.

"That's the fakest smile I've ever seen. You've been quiet, whats up?"

I couldn't control it anymore. I just let it all out. "I'm in love with my asshat of a best friend, Kian Lawley! But, ya know, I'm just Little Miss Shrinky-Dink over here!" I unintentionally shouted before releasing a shaky breath.

"It's the short jokes, isn't it?" Bobby said with empathy dripping from his voice. I nodded.

Kian entered the kitchen and Bobby gave me a look. "I'll let you two have a moment." He exited the kitchen as Kian replaced his spot. We stood in silence for a minute or so as tension filled the air.

"You know...I love you, too.." Kian said as he blushed and looked at his feet. I snapped my head up to look at him.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yeah..I didn't know the jokes took a toll on you.." We made eye contact and stayed like that for a few seconds. "But i really do love you.." he said.

"Well..I really do love you too."