Chapter 24: Let's go

DAHYUN POV:

Don't ask me why MiChaeng is being so cuddly and why SaTzu seems... different. I have no clue; in fact, I kinda feel left out of this whole "couples are happening" thing. Maybe because the girl I like is over there basically telling Jihyo, "YOU'RE HOT" while I'm right here... Ha. Ha. Ha.

IM FINE. ITS FINE. EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Whatever, it's not like we're in a relationship or anything. However, she knows I like her that freaking- WHATEVER.

Anywho, we are currently headed to another village. Just... This time is different. We predict that our parents, if alive, should be at this village. I'm not exactly sure I want to face my mom or my dad at this point. I, to them, am just a disappointment now. I mean, I have a hemaphile which means that I was wrongly associating with humans. Not that it was ever my intention. Plus, it's been a while.

We were with Zico for over a month. No parents just each other. So seeing my parents is well... Odd. I wonder if they're even alive still. They don't have the expiring serum. They just have the original. They are still vulnerable to the danger. So they could be dead...

"Guys were here." Jeongyeon said as we all shuffled outside to see a village in almost ruin.

I say almost because the buildings may be a bit ragged and destroyed but there wasn't any blood anywhere, meaning no one had died. We cautiously roamed around, searching for signs of people and maybe injured that we could possibly help.

We were careful to be quiet, but I was dumb and stared at Momo for literally half a second but still managed to step on a branch. Go Dahyun! Ugh...

Immediately after, people were popping out of buildings and bushes from behind trees and well. The only thought that ran through my head was, 'I'm so screwed...'

Everyone who appeared was clearly armed with things that I had never seen before... However, just by the scent around me I could tell that everyone was of vampire descent. It only made my caution rise. Vampires were annoyingly crafty sometimes and I didn't want to risk any of us getting hurt.

"Who are you and what is your purpose here?!" Someone yelled.

"We were only here to look for injured and to help." I said confidently, unconsciously stepping in front of Momo to protect her.

"Who are you protect--

"Wait... Dahyun-ah? Is that you?" A man interrupted.

I eased a bit as I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Yeah... It's me, Dad." I said, smiling just a little.

My Dad immediately dropped his weapon and ran to me, embracing me in a warm hug.

"Where have you been?! Your mother and I have waiting for weeks for you to come back!" My father exclaimed in joy, holding me close.

"Mom is still alive too?!" I said happily.

"Why wouldn't she be?" Father said, "We can fight off even the strongest humans Dahyun-ah."

"I was just worried..." I said, thinking about the deaths I had witnesssed...

"You brought the Minatozakis..." My father said grimly.

"Please don't attack them this time... They've been through enough..." I asked softly.

"I wasn't going to... I was only worried." My Dad said.

"Don't be! They've saved my butt more times than you could've imagined." I said, "Literally. They are much better trained than I will ever be..."