5th ツ

5th

"Miss, you're not allowed in here," a voice said from behind me. I didn't look back, so he started tapping me on my right shoulder. For one, I wanted to tell him that what I was doing was very important, and he had no right, whatsoever, to disrupt me.

The tapping went on.

I finally turned back to see who it was. I did manage to get my way using my utmost beauty. But here I was, in the end, still caught red handed by a guard.

I ignored the nosy guard. Looking straight ahead, I continued staring at the office of the General Manager. I took another step forward, but the guard from before blocked my way.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but visitors are not allowed in this area," he said politely.

All business, eh?

"I just want to find out where John Brooks is," I told him.

One of his eyebrows rose up in inquiry. Great, he must be thinking that I was one crazy stalker of their General Manager. Goodness, who would stalk a nerd? Or probably, the guard might be speculating that I would kidnap the General Manager and ask for a huge ransom.

"You can inquire through phone. And I'm sorry to say that this area is not for visitors. You cannot proceed inside unless you have an appointment," the guard told me. As he continued stating the whole policy book of the hotel, I saw the secretary got back to the office.

Damn it. She was fast. Now my golden chance of peering through John Brooks' whereabouts was gone.

I kind of thought that maybe while the secretary was gone, I would fake an appointment and get past the receptionist outside. And for that short span of moment, I could find out something about John Brooks. Just his address would do me so much good. Even if he was super rich, he couldn't casually move his things around in a day or so. I would have at least several days to pester him until I'd attain his utter forgiveness.

"I'll lead you outside," the guard finally finished, as he motioned the way out to me.

"I'm fine. I can manage to find the exit myself," I muttered, flipping my hair to the other side and feeling a little miffed. I walked straight across the aisle leading to the exit. The guard followed me nevertheless. Oh, he could continue on doing that and I might actually look like a VIP being personally guided by the hotel's security.

But disapproving looks met me as I was walking down the lobby. So maybe the guard's way of following didn't look like the ones you'd see when celebrities were being guided by their security team. It was more like the way the cops followed their suspects. This was clearly a violation of my human rights.

I abruptly turned around to warn the guard, "Excuse me, sir. If you don't stop acting that way, I'll file a complaint against you."

I clearly saw that he wanted to let out a shrug, but he shunned from doing so. Instead, he forced a half smile to his lips and told me, "I'll just make sure that you will be guided accordingly."

"I can find my way out. And just to remind you, I know who your General Manager is. One word from me and you'll be out of job," I said with a smug. What could he say about that? I knew who Mr. John Brooks was. And once upon a time, he was once head over heels for me. One word from my mouth and he would be down on his knees.

"If you say so, miss. But I really need to do my duties around here," the guard said, a hint of annoyance eminent in his voice.

"I'm just reminding you," I told him, as I read the name on his tag, "Mr. Smith."

He faked another smile once more, leading the way out. He clearly wanted me out of here, didn't he? But no matter how irritated I was, I still followed his lead. What else could I do? Run? For a moment, the thought did occur to me, but I was not making myself do anything atypical again.