3rd ツ

3rd

"Aaaaaah!" I screamed, hastily opening my eyes.

I felt my heart beating wildly in my chest. The cold droplets that formed on my forehead found their way down to my cheeks, and I carefully wiped them away. Looking around me, I saw that I was in an uncomfortable, rigid bed that was covered with floral sheet. And I also noticed that I was dressed in clothes that almost had the same print as the bed covering.

So unfashionable.

I continued scanning the room, trying to figure out where I was. The smell of the place was suffocating—like a room full of disinfectant—and it made me want to throw up.

"You're finally awake. Are you okay?" I heard someone say. I looked to my right and saw my mom, who was holding my right hand. Worry was painted all over her face.

"Mom?" I asked her, confused.

I looked around, and saw that I was in a room that was tinted in absolute white.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Then I felt a tingly sensation in my right arm, like something was entering my body. I looked down, and saw a needle inserted into my veins. After which, it dawned to me that I was on a hospital bed. And I was the patient? Something was definitely wrong.

"Where am I?" I asked Mom.

"Oh, dear! I'm glad you're awake now," she said, still holding my hand. Tears were touching the corners of her green eyes. Then after a moment, she started crying.

I reached out to her. "What happened?"

"Don't you remember? A car hit you yesterday," she said while sobbing. Her honey-blonde hair was all over her face and was unkempt, contrary to how she tidied it constantly before. Then she cupped my right hand with both of hers, and tenderly caressed it with her face. Thoughts came into my mind, as I tried to remember what had happened.

I reckoned that I did remember a car coming my way before everything went blank. A car? Um, yesterday? Oh, yeah. So yesterday did really happen.

For a moment, I thought that it was all part of a dream. But as if to answer my speculations, the memories of yesterday came back to me in a flash. I closed my eyes, and let out a big sigh. Now tell me that surviving was the only good thing that had happened to me.

"Are you okay, dear?" Mom asked, worriedly.

No, Mom. I lost my job and my boyfriend broke up with me and all my savings were gone. How was I supposed to be okay? But I held it back, knowing that this wasn't the right time to blabber about all that. I just pretended to have a headache instead. "Oh... my... head."

"I'll—I'll call the doctor," she said, touching my hand before heading outside. Yeah, it wasn't as if the doctor could reverse everything that had happened yesterday. I needed something more than that—of the supernatural level.

Why did I even survive?

After a while, I heard the door creak open. Keeping my eyes closed, I hadn't bothered to look at it, knowing that it was just my mom and a doctor. I supposed. Then in a while, I felt someone holding my forehead and putting something cold on my chest. I opened my eyes and saw a doctor examining me.

"Are you feeling okay?" the doctor asked.

I narrowed my eyes in dismay, as I cringed at the word okay. I closed my eyes again, and replied a cold-hearted, "No."

"Oh." He seemed to be surprised with my answer. "Your test results came in and everything seemed to be fine. Are you hurting anywhere?"

Test results.