Chapter Fourteen

The battle finished, Kronos just laid there, injured badly and in unexplainable pain. Her helmet had cracked down the middle and she slowly took it off, wincing in pain as she did. 

"-Kronos?" Her earpiece fuzzed and crackled as Tony came through on it.

"I'm here... I'm not going to... make it... I hope to see you all in Sovngarde." she let out a scream as the pain in her chest flared up and her wound in her side carried on bleeding.

"'Don't you dare even say that Kronos." A small spark of hope emitted in her as she heard the Captains voice.

"Yeah? Hurry up and.. find me.. then" She started to cough badly as smoke and dust collected in her lungs, her pain doubled over and she felt she was on fire, burning to a crisp.

"We're on our- Stay awake no mat- What Kronos. That’s- order." The long dead silence and crackling of fire was all she could hear as the line went dead and she heard no more. She tried to keep her eyes open, sleep felt like a gift right now. But she couldn't.

"Kronos?" She heard someone say and she let her head fall to the right.

She saw him.

And tears fell down her face in numbers high that they could of been impossible to count.

"...Tsun... Please..." She pleaded with the tall man who wore Daedric armour; he took off his helmet and knelt down next to her.

Sparkling green eyes, long brown hair and slightly tanned skin.

"I would if I could. But you're not allowed to Sovngarde yet. You're not allowed to see me again." He said quietly, it seemed so real, he was meant to be dead but as he wiped away the tears it just seemed too real to be true.

"I want to... give up…" She said slowly and winced in pain as it flared again, hearing heavy running footsteps come closer.

"I'm not letting you Kronos." Another face came into view and it was the Captains. He didn't see Tsun there so she realised that this wasn't real.

"Oh this is real Kronos. Shor let me see you one last time." Tsun said, like he read her thoughts, he moved a piece of her hair out of her eyes and stood back up, taking his helmet and walking off.

And everything went dark.

-------------------------------------

"Kronos?" She heard her name being called and turned to face them. She buckled up her knapsack and pulled the leather cuirass straight.

"Hello Captain." She greeted him, tightening the main buckle on her armour and slinging her bag over her shoulders.

"You ready to... Go?" He asked slowly. Like everyone, he was upset to see the Dragonborn go. Alduin had left to the end of the battle through a portal opened by Kyne.

Now it was her time to go. Well, go meaning stop at Asgard for a while before going back to Skyrim.

What an action packed week she's had.

"I'm ready. Wait. One minute." She delved into her knapsack and pulled out one of her found blades.

"Faal Kaal Tuz. The Champions Blade. Keep it. I'm not taking no for answer." She handed him the Nordic blade and he took it gratefully.

"Thank you Kronos." He put it down on the table and walked out, they were in his apartment and he offered her a place to stay that wasn't the Helicarrier. As soon as they were outside it started to rain, she was eyed by the public but a group of kids ran up to the two as they walked to Steve’s motorbike.

"Shout!" They all pleaded and she smiled as the rain fell.

"Just this once." She said and looked to the sky.

"Lok! Vah Koor!" She shouted and quickly the rain stopped and the kids cheered before running off, she looked to Rodgers who was sat on his bike waiting for her. She smiled and shrugged, and sat behind him.

He drove them to the meeting place in New York, by Central Park. They got there, seeing everyone had arrived, and Loki in chains and gagged. He shot daggers at everyone as they all said their goodbyes to the Dragonborn. The Dragonborn said her goodbye to the assassins, hugging them, and secretly giving them both spell tomes, Clint getting bound bow and Natasha invisibility.

"Our secret." Kronos whispered and winked at the two before going to Tony.

"Here." she gave him a bottle of mead before hugging him.

"Learn how to drink properly." She said as she pulled away, shaking hands with Banner and then finally Steve.

"Don't worry Captain. I'll come back soon. Thinking about creating a-" She was cut off abruptly though as Steve placed a quick kiss on her lips, he backed way slightly looking down at the floor blushing. Loki watched the two which could of been anger, jealousy or curiosity, his gaze never leaving the Dovahkiin.

She smiled sadly as she hugged the Captain. She walked over to Thor as Selvig handed him the glass cylinder containing the Tesseract.

"You had better not let go or I really will punch you whilst wearing a Dragonbone gauntlet." She warned Thor as she grabbed hold of his fore arm and the container. Loki just chuckled quietly to himself when he heard her and watched how she still easily out did Thor with her height.

She met his gaze and saw the jealously or the anger. Something was in her eyes that was in a way, familiar to the Mad Asguardian, but he just couldn't place it but somehow, he wanted to return it if he could.

The voice laughed menacingly:

'A god that is jealous of a human mortal! Haha!'

And they were gone.

-------------------

Guys, this has been more than fun and.. well, an honour to write this book, I really hope you’ve enjoyed it like I have writing it and….

THERE’S GONNA BE A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN’T HIDE (dah dah dah) ner ner ner ner ner, I’ve forgotten the words for that song.. oh well.
And i really dont know why i made Kronos give Natasha and Clint spell tomes, i think it was just for laughs really. and something for them to complain about in the future.

See you soon by shield brothers and sisters!

Fran.