Chapter Twelve

"AL DU IN!" Kronos shouted from the forest, the night sky Dragon appearing and landing in front of her 

"Yes Dovahkiin?" Alduin asked, clearly not in the mood. But is he ever? I think not.

"Why is it that I miss you?" She suddenly said, collapsing to the forest floor and putting her head in her hands.

"I suppose it is not because of my Su'um." He then said.

"I don't know... Why though?" she asked.

"Possibly because I'm the strongest connection to Taazokaan... And you miss her so. We both do." He said slowly and quietly. She should up and paced.

"I'm so sorry Alduin, it’s all Loki's fault, it’s all my fault, I shouldn't of killed you in the first place, I shouldn't of tried to get back to fight back against Loki it’s all MY FAULT!" She screamed, punching the nearest tree and resting her head against it as her breathing became heavier and hot tears fell down her face.

'Kill the dragon. Conquer the world.. Be the Hero.' The Voice whispered at her and she scrunched her hands into fists and The Voice seemed to shut up.

"Dovahkiin... Calm down.. For the sake of your soul and my own..." He said edging nearer to her, breathing on her as she sobbed quietly against the tree. She straightened up and looked at him, he breathed on her face making the tears dry instantly.

"Thanks." She said with a small smile he just chuckled slightly.

"You have to go, I hear your friends approaching." Alduin then said,  taking off into the night sky.

"See you soon." Kronos whispers as he shouts into the sky.

"Can we go back now?" Natasha asks and Kronos just nods.

"Fury's gonna find out sooner or later." Natasha then mumbled.

"Not my problem." Kronos mumbled back.

"Yeah? Well it’s going to be seen as though you asked me for a unauthorised flight."

"And I don't understand the term anyway." Kronos stated, getting back into the strange steel structure.

-------------------------------------

"Hey! Kronos! Need to talk to you." Tony said, beckoning her over.

"What?" She asked, arms crossed over her chest and annoyed look on her face.

"Yeah... It’s so totally obvious you like Steve." He then burst out, walking back into the lab.

"What?!" She roared, following him.

"Isn't that right Dr Banner?" Tony then asked the Doctor.

"Is what right?" Banner asked, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Kronos and The Captain." Tony then said and Banner chuckled whilst Kronos was on the edge of volcano of anger and Shouting.

"We can see it but it is up to you two how you go about it." Banner then said. She just huffed and rolled her eyes, the anger turning to bitterness.

"I'm in no state for love, I don't think falling in love after seeing countless friends fall is a good idea." She said coldly and Tony was taken back and Banner sighed whilst Tony shifted his weight awkwardly and looked at the floor guiltily.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Banner said

"No need. You didn't know them so it doesn't matter to you." She replied, looking at the sceptre, letting her fingers glide over it.

"Whoa! Don't touch that." Tony then said, pulling her away from it.

"Why? I'm not affected by it. It’s a weak construct.." She said, picking it up and weighing it in her hands.

"Who would make a something from solid gold? That just messes with magic’s..." She then murmured, looking at it and putting it down.

"Pathetic." she grumbled walking over to another table and opening her knapsack, pulling out a (they didn't know) enchanting table.

"Ermm, what is that?" Tony then asked, eying the glowing, rune, covered metal sheet with a glowing orb.

"Enchanting table." She replied, she pulled out a little book and a Dragonbone bow, and a loud sound of metal on metal and a flash of light, the bow started to glow. She smiled to herself, pleased with the outcome. And simply walked off. Seemingly walking past Thor as she wandered aimlessly about the corridors of the Helicarrier.

"Anything from Loki?" She asked as she past him. He turned and faced her.

"No. To simply put it. He's quite obsessed and confused about you Kronos." He replied.

"I don't blame him. I confuse myself sometimes too." She said with a small smile he returned before parting ways, she walked back to Loki's cell. Seeing him sat against the glass, eyes closed, looking an even more paler than usual.

"Not well?" She asked quietly and he just hummed.

"Tired... I understand." She nearly whispered, they both knew what it was like to be emotionally and physically drained. Him, physically. Her, emotionally.

She just stood there, and ended up sitting down against the banister, holding her legs to her chest.

For some reason, she wanted to be here with him, she felt at home, she felt something she only ever felt when she was with Tsun, she realised she-

"Why are you here?" He suddenly blurted out, stopping her train of thought and forgetting was she was thinking.

"Because I have nothing better to do. Being on this.. Ship. I have nothing I can busy myself with." She replied, he just kept silent.

"So you're not here because of my company?" He then asked

"I'm not sure... I miss my home. And its magic’s..." She answered, looking to the side, unable to look at him. Her words where true to the core, he heard the truth in them. She felt something from him though, like as if, other than Alduin, he was a connection to what little magic she could barely feel throughout the world planet.

"Why did you get yourself mixed up in this then if you miss Tamriel that much?" He asked quietly, unsure of the outcome and definitely not wanting to anger the Dragonborn.

"I didn't know this would happen. I didn't know that there were other places than Tamriel and Oblivion.. All I know is it that I miss my home. My family and companions dearly. And the Thieves." She chuckled as she mentioned the Thieves Guild, remembering good heists and bad heists that everyone would make a deal out of but it brought the little family closer.

"Do you miss your home Loki?" She then asked quietly, using his name which shocked him like the dagger to the stomach she gave him when they first met.

"I'm not sure anymore." He replied, she continued to not look at him. Unable to meet his gaze. He just looked at her with sad eyes which she could feel. Her heart was heavy with emotions and tiredness.

She was currently talking to the man who killed so many people.

The man who threatened to take her life.

The man who threatened to kill all she lived for.

Yet he was just as tired as her.

She wanted to pity him.

But she wouldn't give in.

She could never...

Give in.

For no one.

Even if she-

------------------------

Secrets have to be kept… Mwhahahahahahahaa

Fran.