Babes & Babies.

Ibrahim's POV.

I sat down in the waiting room with my head in my hands.

What have I done?

I had already placed a call to Ahmad, telling him of the situation. I didn't want to worry Ma and Daddy yet.

I knew Hanan was asthmatic but she hadn't had an attack in years.

My hands were trembling from fear, before we arrived at the hospital, she was already unconscious.

The Amir situation was replaying in my head.

I was scared, I didn't want anything to happen to my wife.

Heck! I didn't mean to upset her at all.

If she wakes up, I promise not to ever make her angry again.

I was still waiting for the doctor when Ahmad and Layla arrived.

They looked so distressed.

"What happened?" Ahmad asked as he held Layla, her eyes already red from crying. "What triggered it?

"No.. no..We were..." I stammered.

I knew Ahmad very well, he doesn't joke with his sisters.

He'd beat up anyone who touched a strand of their hair.

He had made this clear to me before he allowed to me to date Hanan. He repeated it on the day we got married too.

If he found out Hanan was in this state because of me, I'd be dead meat.

I just decided to own up to my mistake.

"We were having an argument and she got upset." I continued.

He looked at me and kept quiet.

"It was a misunderstanding." I said.

He nodded.

I knew I had messed up.

I just wish Hanan had let me explain.

"Where's Mr Ibrahim?" I heard as the doctor stepped out of Hanan's ward.

I turned away from Ahmad

"Doctor is my wife okay? I asked impatiently.

"Let's step into my office." The doctor requested.

I followed him.

"Doctor talk to to me, how's my wife doing? I asked again.

"Calm down sir. Your wife is fine. we've stabilized her with a Nebulizer. She'll be fine in a few hours." He said and I felt such relief.

"But there's something else." he added "Your wife is five weeks pregnant."

What?!

"No,I don't think that's right. There must be a mistake. My wife took a pregnancy strip test last week it turned out negative." I said.

"Well sir, your wife is pregnant and our test confirms it. So its either your wife doesn't know how to use a pregnancy strip test or she used an expired one." the doctor explained.

"Congratulations sir."

I didn't notice that my lips were so wide they could almost touch both sides of my ear.

Alhamdulillah, Was all I could say as we stepped out of the office .

I walked into the room with a million dollar smile.

Ahmad and Layla were already in there as Hanan was awake.

They noticed my entrance and excused us.

I went closer to the bed.

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time.

She smiled.

I loved her smile, it was the most beautiful thing to me.

I couldn't believe I was going to see the replica of that smile on another very soon.

"I'll go first." She said. "I'm sorry I overreacted earlier, you were just catching up with your old friend. I'm sorry baby na." She held my hand.

"It's fine. I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to make you feel like a third wheel with Fatima. I was just carried away. Do you know when you left me..."

I could feel see the tension in her eyes but I continued nonetheless.

"I was depressed, I couldn't do anything. Fatima helped me, she brought me out of depression. So many times, I wanted to give up but she encouraged me to be strong. That in sha Allah, one day I'll be with you. I almost committed suicide, Astaghfirullah! If not Fatima and Faruk, I wouldn't have made it. That's why I'll eternally be grateful to them."

"Oh my Love. I'm so sorry I put you through all that." She said hugging me. "I let jealousy get the best of me. In sha Allah, I'd apologize to Fatima. I had judged her without knowing anything."

"It's alright. You had a right to be jealous. I'm your husband. I just want you to know that, it has always been only you and it will forever be only you In Sha Allah. You're my everything, my love, my princess, my world. No one can ever take your place."

"I love you baby na." She said hugging me tightly. "Everyday I thank Allah for blessing me with the most amazing husband."

I released her.

"Easy tiger." I said touching her tummy. "We wouldn't want to to squash Ibrahim Junior."

I winked at her.

"What?" She said looking at me with confusion.

"Yes princess, we're going to be parents."

I could see her eyes light up like the beautiful star she was.

Hey guys.
I saw all the comments.
Thank you very much🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I really do appreciate ❤❤❤💪💪💪
I decided to bless you guys with a bundle of joy, Ibrahim and Hanan's baby.
😀😀😀

Love
Tutu🌸💞