Knives & Throats.

I was still staring at the woman until she got to our car.

She stopped in front of Ibrahim; her lips spread into a grin.

I took a closer look at her, she was wearing a body fitting gown with her hair all open standing in front of a married man grinning like an idiot.

"Ibee!" She chirped.

Again with the horrible nickname.

"Fatima." He said warmly.

I was just waiting for them to hug as I looked in confusion.

"Oh my God! It's been so long. Finally Farukuuu has decided to settle down. Gaskiya, Firdausi has tried. 10 years is not beans." She said laughing.

What is wrong with this woman? Does she give everybody's husbands horrible nicknames or what?

"I know right. I'm happy for them." Ibrahim said smiling.

"You've grown taller." She said.

I was still there standing, waiting for them to finish their 'adorable reunion.'

"I've been like this Fateetee."

Okay okay! I was getting tired of all the nickname brouhaha!

"Yeah right, but now you're hitched."

I was glad she got that point as I held Ibrahim's hand signalling I was 'the wife.'

She didn't even notice as she was too busy yapping about how my husband had grown taller.

"Forgive my manners." Ibrahim said. "This is my wife, Hanan."

I smiled.

"Nice to meet you." She said wiping the huge grin off her face. "I'm Fatima, his bestie and partner in crime."

I forced a smile.

It's not like I was a fan of all this 'bestie propaganda.'

As we walked to the hall, she was still blabbing to Ibrahim she almost gave me a headache in a span of five minutes.

We entered the hall and I thought she'd disappear as we stopped to exchange pleasantries with relatives.

Someone would have thought he was married to the both of us with the way she stuck to us like one chewing gum.

We settled on our table and before I could say Jack, 'anty bestie' had already sat down with us.

So much for courtesy.

It was going to be a very long night.

Thirty minutes later, I was trying to restrain myself from shoving a fork down her throat when she spoke.

"Ibee, do you remember that time I almost placed a call to Papi telling him to get me married cause I was tired of school?"

Now, I wanted to squeeze her face like a mop stick.

"You were so mischievous Fatima." Ibrahim said laughing.

I glared at him but he didn't even see.

"Imagine your husband calling me mischievous." She said looking at me.

Now, she decides to involve me in their conversation?

How considerate!

"Lalai ma Ibee. Were you not the one who asked us to ditch lectures that day so we could go to a concert?"

What?!