Chapter 13

Master left, he told me he had business to attend to. I received a kiss on the forehead before he walked away, Raka entering the second he departed. I cannot wait to see him again, but for now I am thirsty. I begin my interaction with my room and select water, withing moments a small door platform is gliding up from the floor with a glass of clear liquid atop it. I scurry off the bed and grab the glass before chugging it. It takes a moment, but soon the burn sets in as it goes down my throat and I am left thirstier than before. I order another glass and it happened the same way, this time I am left thirstier and dizzy. So, of course I try again, because water is supposed to help when you're thirsty. After the third glass I feel as though the world is spinning and I fall, right into the water. I feel peaceful under the cool aqua and don't even think to move. This peace is broken though when I am dragged from the water my Raka, who howls at the top of his lungs. Silly dog, we don't howl inside. I try to reach my hand out to stroke his now wet face. I miss. Sh, puppy, sh I just want to sleep I attempt to slur out. Instead I fall into the abyss to the sound of my companions distress.

💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💥💥💥

I feel something heavy on my chest and try to move to touch it, I feel like it takes my entire strength to twitch a finger. I slowly open my eyes, wishing the entire time that I didn't, as the faint sunlight my head feel like it was being ripped in two. I am first greeted my an excited yip from Raka. The sound makes me yearn to cover my ears and a sharp blade of pain goes through my head. I manage a small whimper and Raka responds immediately. He searches the area around me for a threat. First, sniffing near where I'm laying. Then prowling out of sight with a faint growl. Apparently satisfied his face comes into view for a moment as he takes a moment to rest his head on mine, then he is gone again.