Temporary Home

I squeal with joy at the sight of the small toy before jumping up to hug the Vet. She lets out a small, surprised laugh and pets my head for a moment. She then gently pulls me away from her and gives me a playful shove towards the door "Hurry along, your Keeper will be waiting." She commands and I skip happily to the door. I thank her again, clutching the cat in hand, before leaving the room.

My smile didn't fade in the least at the sight that awaited me. As soon as I walked through the door I was welcomed by a rather pretty Keeper. I shouldn't think other's are attractive, I know that, I need to save those thoughts for my Master. Besides, it has been whispered that the Masters are a hundred times more attractive than any Keeper or Pet. Though, my sources are the best. Pets are not allowed to set their gaze upon a Master until they are adopted.

The Keeper in question gives me a big smile and I look down, a blush forming on my face. She chuckles and grabs my leash. We walk down endless, pastel hallways. "It's so pretty here." I whisper under my breath.

I hadn't meant for her to hear this, so I was surprised to hear the reply "We get that a lot, I don't know what pets expect to find here. You are meant to find a loving home, we are supposed to keep you happy until you do. A scary building wouldn't do well for that."

I think over this for a while in silence. It does make sense, and it does bode well for my time here. I still want to meet my Master as soon as possible. Lost in thought, I barely noticed when we arrived at a light purple door. There was a small window near the top that I wasn't tall enough to see through, and a small screen flashing my number 66524. I won't get a name until my Master names me. 

I jump around silently waiting as the keeper scans her hand. The small click for the door sliding open finally reaches my ears and I immediately peak around the door frame. The room is amazing. There is a giant fluff surrounded by smaller ones in the middle of the room. Next to that is a huge screen, 'Hello 66524' flashing crossed it. A huge pool of water, kind of like mine sits in the corner. I am in awe of this one for the sheer size and water flowing from the wall over fake rocks. There is a small walled off section that I assume holds a potty, and a food station. 

Suddenly, there is a movement beside me. I turn to look step back in shock. It is a pet! A boy!