Chapter 7

Both Sam and Dean had no idea who I had spoken to. I lied and told them it was my uncle-they did know Gabriel didn't they? While hogging down some pancakes Sam explained who Gabriel was. He sounded pretty funny, kind of obsessed with sweets though. Wasn't really surprised he was eating very syrupy pancakes when we chatted. About his brother, Lucifer. You don't think of that everyday. Having a conversation about Lucifer. Nah, that's not normal.

Dean cleared his throat, gazing at me with his green eyes. Sam's eyebrows knitted, he elbowed his brother's side. "What?" I finally asked, taking another bite of food.

"About your father and your brother..." Dean started, I cut his sentence short by placing a finger against his soft lips. He stared at my hand, crosseyed.

"Dean, don't." I simply said, sitting back down, my knee made a popping noise causing me to flinch. Sam reached into his pocket and pulled out two pain-pills. "Since when do you carry pain-pills, I thought the Winchesters could take pain head on?" He shrugged resting his hands on the table.

"I'm sorry about your brother and father," Dean apologized, "We weren't there to save them." He made a fist, slamming it on the table. Everything shifted, the contents in the glass cup beside me sloshed over the side.

"I'm sorry too," I replied, poking at my food, Dean's head perked up obviously confused I was apologizing, "I'm sorry that my father is a backstabbing bastard." With that I shoved my plate over to the eldest Winchester, crossed my arms and huffed. "He's not made out to be who you think he is."

"You said he was a great hunter, the last time we saw you he took you out on a Windego hunt. You came back saying he was an amazing hunter." Sam told us, leaning forward.

"That was then, this is now," I answered, angrily. "The bastard drugged me and gave me over to demons."

"They killed him," Dean reminded me, I nodded.

"They killed him because he threatened them, they said he was a threat. My brother was found outside the house stalking. He was brought in and killed. Slowly."

"This makes no sense, if they wanted you to talk they would have kept your brother alive." Sam leaned back, thinking.

"It's not that complicated, they knew I wouldn't talk so they killed him. Not that hard." I clenched my jaw, picked up my cup of coffee and took a drink. Dean slid his brother's cup of water back and forth. His emerald green eyes moved to me again.

"If it's not so complicated then why didn't the demons just take you to Lucifer. All there troubles would've just disappeared." Dean said, he stopped sliding the clear cup.

"They were after you and Sam, not me."

"Makes sense, they probably knew nothing about her." Sam looked at his brother.

"We should get going," Dean slid out of the seat, throwing his jacket on. I climbed out, biting my lower lip. If only I knew why Lucifer wanted me as his bride. Why the hell would the devil want a bride when he had all that power? He could have anything, anything he wanted.

But he wanted me.

"Hey, Jess. You coming?" Sam called , concerning. I snapped back into reality, the brothers were standing at the front door waiting for me.

"Y-Yeah, sorry.." I stuttered hurrying off.