Cookie

"Are you sure? You should go back to school soon."

"I'm fine, maman. I'm not that clumsy. I made it to school early this morning." Marinette positioned herself behind the counter, smiling to the waiting customer.

"If you say so." Sabine smiled as she walked away.

She turned to the customer and handled their change, before giving them their bag and watching them leave.

As they left, a certain messy-haired blond walked in, a delicate bouquet of various flowers in his hands, which she couldn't tell if they fit together or not.

"Oh, Louis! How are you?"

"Oh! Hello! I'm doing very well, thank you. What about you?"

"Ah, I could be better."

"Could these flowers cheer you up?" He grinned.

"Wait, they're for me?"

"Of course." He pulled out a striking yellow rose with his right hand, tucking it behind her ear. He then proceeded to hand her the entire bunch. "A beautiful bouquet for a wonderful woman."

"Aww, thank you! But this doesn't count as me buying them, does it?"

He chuckled. "No, I bought them. To congratulate. Or console. Whichever was needed."

"Do you do this with everyone?"

"Not many people confess with flowers. You're a nice, rare case." He smiled.

"Well, thank you again, but I have to be back at school in a bit, so I can't talk about it now. Maybe after school?"

"I'm always free for a fair maiden in need." He bowed lightly. "I'll be here later, don't worry." He looked up, smiling.

"So, Louis, are the flowers the only reason you're here, or are you buying something too?"

"I came here once I realized that you're a Dupain-Cheng, so this might be a surprise, but I came for a cookie."

She giggled. "It's not much of a surprise. What would you like?"

"What do you suggest?" He grinned.

"I think that a simple strawberry cookie would be nice. Maman decorated a few with flowery orange frosting. Would you like one?"

"That would be perfect. How much?"

"Free. Consider it a favor for the flowers." She walked through the door, coming out a moment later with a small tray of frosted cookies. Then, she started placing them into one of their bakery boxes for frosted or fragile treats.

"Oh no, I can't-"

"Yes you can." She placed them in his arms. "You are right now. Besides, they were made for me, so I can do whatever I want with them."

"Are you... Are you sure?"

"Absolutely! I have to repay you somehow." She grinned.

"For the flowers? I did that because I wanted to."

"Then I want to give you these. Just take them!" She pushed him gently.

He sighed, smiling back to her. "If her majesty wishes it, then I shall take these delicacies with no dent in my financial account."

"Her majesty does wish that, and she also needs to address the other customer in line. So, would you be so kind as to come back later?" she giggled.

"Anything for you." he grinned, bowing gently and starting to leave.

"... Remember! Right after school!"