29

Now the thought of living in France made me want to go fuming.

The place reminded me of him so much. I could hear his voice clearly in my head as I arrived there. I could imagine how and what he would talk about how he was so happy and excited.

Too bad he wasn’t here with me.

The place opened the wounds I tried so hard to heal. I regretted coming here the second I breathed the air.

It smelled like him. I didn’t find the reason but it felt like the place was a part of him. It was impossible not to think about him when I was here in the place he had dreamed all his life. The dream that would never be true.

“The place sucks, Logan.” People are all over the place. Children walking with their parents, lovers holding hands, friends laughing as they sipped their coffes. But my whisper went to no one. “The buildings are so old it can collapse anytime. There are so many people here you could get lost in no second. They don’t speak English, Logan. I know they do, but they refuse to. And trust me when I say you wouldn’t want to go here.”

I wondered how he would react to the fact that his dream was not as fascinating as he thought it would be.

And I also wondered that I didn’t like this place either because it was that bad or it reminded me so much about him.

I wasn’t sure.

I wish he was here to reasure me that France was as beautiful as it was on the pictures from the book we read.