Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Dakota's POV

Paris, the city of love but for me it's been the city of nightmares. Paris will forever haunt me. I couldn't be happier to be in the car driving back to gang mansion. I can't wait to hold my girls it feels like it's been forever but it's really only been a week.

The car pulls up outside the mansion- nothing’s changed everything’s the way we left it- Carver puts his hand on my bare leg.

"Out little one" I quickly climb out of the car and wait for Carver to grab my hand before we walk up to the door together. Frank opens the front door for us and gives Carver a manly slap on the back.

"Carve's back in the house!" Cruz shouts coming into the wide open foyer.

"So did you break her yet Carve?" Frank asks

"Yes...Although I think there's still a part of her left intact"

"Well you're making progress" they laugh the sound echoing through the foyer.

"Carver can I go and see the girls please?" I ask

"Of course little one" he gives me a gentle kiss on the forehead and releases my hand.

I run up the stairs ignoring my aching limbs and throbbing wounds.

When I reach the nursery I quietly open the door and enter, instead of the young girl who was supposed to be looking after my girls I see Seth sitting in the old brown rocking chair Carver carved for me after the girls were born.  He told me it was a baby gift to show me that he was pleased with my efforts.

Seth sits in the chair holding my girls in his arms watching my every move. I get half way and Seth holds up an orange bottle of pills. He stands and places Destiny back in her cot but keeps a firm hold on Desire.

"Hello Dakota...someone's been a naughty girl" he taps the bottle of pills showing me that it's only half full.

"What do you mean?" I ask not having a clue what’s going on.

"Oh little one don't play coy with me I found these under your pillow...not a very good hiding place"

"I've never seen those before"

"Such a little liar, you can kiss your girls goodbye because once Carver finds out you're on birth control he'll kill them"

"I haven't taken any birth control!"

"That's what Anne said too" he laughs and then leaves me alone. I know he's telling Carver right now, he's accusing me of something I didn't do but Carver won't care. He won't listen to me he'll listen to Seth.

these pills aren't mine so who's trying to frame me?

&&&&&&&&&&&&

Frank and Cruz burst through the door without saying anything, they grab my arms making sure to dig their nails deep into my skin and haul me out the door. I don't fight them I just let them haul me down the stairs into the living room pretending to be the broken girl that Carver wants.

Cruz and Frank drop my arms and let me fall face first to the ground before Carver. I lift my head slowly looking up at the whole gang who stands in the room along with all the girls.

"Stand up little one!" Carver barks and I scramble to my feet holding in my cries of agony.

"I have called a meeting because a crime has been committed by my very own wife...Seth will talk now"

"As agreed with Carver I conducted a search of every single girls room I found nothing but then I came to Carver's room and found a bottle of birth control pills under little one's pillow"

"Thank you Seth"

The room goes deadly silent and the only thing I can hear is my beating heart.

"The ultimate betrayal carried out by my own wife!" Before I can even blink Carver throws the bottle of pills at me and they spill all over the carpet.

"The ultimate betrayal!" Carver stands there looking at me for a few minutes "Deserves the ultimate punishment" he finishes then runs up the stairs taking them two at a time.

"No Carver please No!" I scream and shout running up the stairs after him. I reach the top completely out of breath but I find the energy to scream.

I nearly die when I see Carver holding Desire over the balcony his face full of fury and anger

"You know I wondered why you weren’t getting pregnant again little one I know no you were betraying me all this time”

I know what I have to do and right now I’ll do anything for the safety of my girls.

“I’m sorry Carver I was just scared that I’d give birth to girls again and you’d divorce me. I made a stupid mistake. I betrayed you because I was scared but Destiny and Desire have done nothing wrong they’re innocent”

I sigh a breath of relief when Carver brings Desire back over the balcony and hands her to Cruz, it’s only now that I realize Cruz and Frank followed us up the stairs and that Frank is holding Destiny in his arms.

Carver nods at them “Take them away” those words change my whole world.

Cruz and Frank start making their way down the stairs and I leap but Carver’s hands wrap around my waist trapping me to him.

“Please don’t do this!” I beg

“Hush little one if you’re a good girl you can see them when they turn eighteen”

“Please Carver don’t take them from me” I sob watching my girls get further and further away from me.

“Little one, how am I ever going to trust you to raise our sons? You’re too soft. Our girls need discipline to learn the life they will live and that’s what they’re going to get”

I don’t waste anymore time I lift my knee and with all my might force it into Carver’s groin, he screams and falls to the floor cursing causing me to have flashbacks of the alleyway. I push them to the back of my mind and seize my opportunity, bounding down the steps after my girls.

“Little one get back here right now!” Carver shouts at the top of the stairs.

I ignore him and keep running, my heart nearly stops when I see Frank open the front door just as I reach the last step my high heel catches on nothing. I fall forward whacking my head off the ground. I hear my girls screaming and crying for me but I can’t move. I feel blood dribble down the side off my face and onto the stairs. I look up as the darkness invades my vision and watch as my girls are taken from me forever. I’m broken now heart, soul, body and mind.

&&&&&&&&&&&

I feel hands running up and down my neck as light as a feather. The hands massage my neck relaxing me. I let a content sigh escape my lips and the hands freeze. Suddenly the hands are back, they wrap around my throat and start to squeeze. I feel my breath slowly start to slip away. I clutch the hands with my own trying to pry them from my throat.

The hands squeeze even tighter and I thrash about in the bed trying to get free. And just when I think this is the moment I’m going to die the grip on my throat releases.

I open my eyes to find I’m in Carver’s room. I gasp for breath and then look around searching for Carver expecting him to be standing above me. I bring my hands up to my throat and roll over in the bed only to find Carver sound asleep beside me.

None of this makes any sense if Carver didn’t choke me that means someone else did the question is who?

And why would they want me dead?