Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Dakota's POV

lying in a pool of your own blood should not be the way anybody has to die but here I am blood pouring from my mouth. I'm literally am choking and gagging on it, this is how I will die and all to keep our secret.

2 Hours Earlier

I walk into the kitchen and put on the kettle craving a cup of tea. I'm about to go the fridge when I feel arms go around my waist, I know that they don't belong to Carver because his arms are rock solid but these are soft and delicate. I try to turn around but I'm stuck in the embrace of arms.

"You've been a bad girl Dakota" Seth whispers in my ear trailing his finger up and down my back in a way that makes me shiver to my very core.

"What are you talking about Seth?"

"I know your little secret"

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

"You've a long way to protect haven't you?" he asks.

"Again I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"No need to shout Dakota" he scolds like I'm a small child being naughty.

"I'm not you're annoying me"

He lets go off me and I scramble away from him as fast as I can, unfortantley Seth corners me at the sink and I have no escape.

"Don't you want to know the dirt I have on you Dakota?"

"No"

"Alright....I'll tell you anyway"

Seth reaches into his trousser pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. He hands it to me and I look down and nearlly jump out of my skin. There staring back at me is a face I never thought I would ever see again. His eyes still the same shade of brown but tired and weary, he no longers wears a smile but sorrow and his body is still thin and lean.

"You lied Dakota...you have been in love...you lied at the interview....You're probably still in love with Derek and imagine what Carver will do to you and your children when he finds out that you're in love with another man"

"Seth please it's not what you think!"

"Oh really I have multipule photo's of the two of you together"

"You don't understand Derek dumped me the day before Carver took me!"

"Yeah...Derek blames himself for that in fact he set up a website it's called bring my Dakota back home"

"Please you can't tell Carver" I beg.

"Don't worry I won't....if you do as I say"

"What do you want?"

"To break Carver's heart like he broke mine"

"I don't understand"

"As we speak Tiffany is leading Carver this way right now....I want you kiss me"

"What!"

"You heard me....Carver will see he'll say that you have betrayed him and when he asks why you're going to say you love me....he'll probably beat you black and blue but hey Derek and your girls stay safe"

Present

Seth was right about Carver beating me, he took into me like a ton of bricks and I paid the heavy price to protect my family and Derek. I am still in love with Derek I dream about him every night, about him coming to take me and my girls away from this evil place but that's just fantasy. The only reason why we broke up was because he was leaving and I was staying, we both knew that a long distance relationship would never work so we let each other go. We both cried our hearts out especially me because I had convinced myself that I would marry Derek and live happily ever after, but there are evil people in this world, Carver one of them and he took my whole future away from me with the snap of his fingers.