Chapter 17

Their game

Chapter 17

“Do you mind if I sit with you?”

My eyes snap open and I see Myrtle standing above me shivering in a pink baby doll dress.

“No I don’t mind” she takes her place on the grass beside me and lies back looking up at the sky, a quiet sigh escaping her lips. I look up at the clouds, today it’s freezing but the sun is shining which is a good thing. The birds are singing a tune and the grass sways in time with the wind.

“Your name’s Dakota isn’t it?”  I startle at the sound of her voice and look over to see her lying there with her eyes closed, not a care in the world. I wish I could do that just close my eyes and focus on nothing for a few hours but I can’t because I have to get my girls back.

“Yes”

“Why do they call you little one?”

“Carver explained it once....he calls me little because he wants me to always remember that I am always beneath him and one because he says I’m the only one for him.....but apparently that isn’t true he has a mistress”

“Oh....does....Cole have a.....mistress?”

“I really wouldn’t know”

“He didn’t hurt me....he slept on the floor last night telling me that he would never lay a finger on me”

“I’m very happy for you Myrtle”

“I guess I was stupid thinking that the police could help”

“Why did you phone the police?”

“I saw you walking to the car with...eh Carver”

“Carver likes to brag...he owns everything....the police, FBI, CIA and many more”

“Dakota....did you ever try and escape?”

“There’s no escape for me....Carver has my girls....it’s a long story but to cut it short Carver thought I betrayed him and he took my girls....I can never leave him because Carver will kill my girls”

“What are their names?”

“Destiny and Desire...I miss them so much....they’re two now and I feel like I’m missing out on their entire life....I just wish I knew that where they’re and that they’re safe”

“Hey....everything will be okay?”

“Carver says when I give him a son he’ll bring back my girls.....but Tiffany....his mistress says that as soon as I do have a son she’ll kill me....she can’t have children”

“Talking about me behind my back little one!”

I jump when I hear Tiffany’s voice and so does Myrtle making the two of us bump heads.

“I’m so sorry that was my fault!” I apologise.

“No it was mine” she argues.

“No really it was my fault”

“Absolutely not I jumped first”

“Oh for goodness sakes who cares whose fault it was” Tiffany interrupts us.

“What do you want Tiffany?” I dare to ask.

“Are you pregnant yet?”

“I just lost a baby!”

“Oh silly little one...you were never pregnant Seth and I staged the whole thing to get you back into Carver’s good graces”

“Why would you do that to me?”

“I want to hurt you little one and eventually I will kill you”

“Does Carver know you’re out of your room?”

“No.....now get your ass up the stairs and get started on making my baby”

“I’m not going anywhere”

“Oh really...what if I told you your daughter’s lives depended on it?”

“Please don’t hurt my girls” I whisper realising she has got me exactly where she wants me.

“I won’t” she smiles cruelly at me “Carver’s coming out in 5 minutes...I want you to tell him that you’re ready to try again....if you don’t I’ll kill one of your girls....starting with Desire”

“Little one you wanted to see me!” Carver shouts out and I turn my attention to him.

I look back around to find that Tiffany is gone. Carver sweeps me off my feet and spins me around.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?”

“Thank you”

“Now what did you want to tell me?”

“I....I...........I....I”

“Little one, stop stuttering and spit it out”

“I want another baby!”

“You don’t know how happy I am right now”

He picks me up and kisses me on the lips with a toxic kiss. My heart is pounding; it feels like at any minute my heart is going to jump out of my chest and into Carver’s hands. I said that Carver would never own or have my heart but I was wrong because he already owns my heart.

He owns my heart because he has my girls!