Ch.3

"Look Cary, it's not you. It's me." I crossed my arms at that, if he was going to remind me why we broke up, he could at least be original about it. "I just, don't think I'm ready for a relationship right now."

"You're a year older than me! How can I be more ready for a relationship than you?" He looked down, avoiding the sharp glare I was throwing his way, "And you didn't need to leave me stranded on the highway either!" He winced at that, we were standing out front of his house, I'd gotten fed up with not knowing why he'd broke us up, I wasn't so sore about it now, in fact it felt great to not worry about whether my breath stunk or if he would like what I was wearing. I just wanted to know why.

"Look, I'm sorry, that hadn't been planned at all!"

"You aren't even supposed to be driving!"

"Shh will you? My parents don't know about me taking the car, and I'm not keen on them finding out."

"Oh, like I give a damn." I huffed and looked away from him, to the front door. His father had stood there watching with amusement, now he looked pissed.

"You took the car?" The man’s voice was gruff, angry. I smirked.

"In for it now aren't cha Randal?" I gave him a toothy grin, feeling a bout of victory as I kicked up some of the wet grass, ready to walk off. I was going to be late for school if I mucked around any longer, "See ya peeps." I waved as I started walking, grinning evilly as his Father started yelling. Served the bastard right in my opinion.

--------------------

"Thank you." I started as arms wrapped around me, though calmed again as I recognised Jamie's voice.

"Thank you? Thank you for what?" She released me and I turned around, leaning against my locker,

"F-for helping me out last night, letting me stay over your place a while. M-Mum had almost completely calmed down by the time I got home, you saved me a lot o' yelling." Jamie had her hair up again, matching my own ponytail, only hers a little neater.

"You have earrings." I stated as I noticed the sparkly blue studs. She frowned a moment before her expression lifted, realising what I was talking about.

"Oh, yeah, I got them done a c-couple of years ago; I haven't taken them out or changed them or whatever since I got them done." She brought her hand up to her ear, fiddling with the piercing as she spoke of it. I'd never really like the idea of getting my ears pierced. I wasn't sure what the point is.

"Why?"

"W-why haven't I changed them?"

"No, why'd you get them pierced?" She nodded.

"Oh, I don't know, m-my . . . friend . . . had hers pierced, so I wanted to do mine. I think Mum was glad I wanted to d-do something normal, that's why she let me." I frowned at that, something normal? What, was Jamie a strange child or something?