Chap three

HI GUYS!! IT'S ME RHIANNA AGAIN!! I know, I know your lives are blessed by my presence in the world so on, so on. THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE EIGHTEEN READS! note the sarcasm. Thanks for the complement Shanaj but I hate to inform you that you have made a terribly big mistake. YOU ARE 10,000 TIMES BETTER THAN ME AT WRITING! Okay there's the rant, here we go!

My back arched as vomit spilled into the white porcelain bowl, pieces of hair were plastered to my forehead with sweat. Leaning back I gave a heavy sigh. By now my face was red and puffy from so much crying.

I reached for my phone and looked at the time, 2:00pm, I had six hours to get out of here before graham got here. If I was here when he was, I don't know how I would handle it. Probably by hurling something at some one and screaming in panic.

How could my mum expect me to just except a new man like that? I hate the idea of ever having to be around anyone, let alone another 40 year old male to ruin my life.

I stood and finally left the confinement of my bathroom. Looking in the mirror I noticed that I looked like absolute shit. My eyes were red and blood-shot and my face was puffy as expected. I decided on taking a long shower before heading off to who knows where I will go.

I emerged from the steam and got dressed into something warm, a thick, black hooded jumper and grey sweat pants. I filled my day- pack with some things. A thin blanket, torch, my only money ($67.90) and some water.

I doubted that I would be gone for long, I'm not afraid to admit that this is just a sort of scheme to get mum's attention. Once I go I will send her a message saying how I won't come back until she promises that it is over with the man, Graham.

I didn't like to use his name, Men are just animals. Disgusting beasts that cannot contain themselves. The thought of any grown male sickens me. I shuddered as thought once again evaded my mind.

It was a man, not dad but another grown man, probably my expectations of Graham. His greasy hand was running up and down my thigh.

"Don't you dare tell anyone about what just happened angel, or I would have to be a bit naughty. Would you like that?" His chapped lips brushed against my ear as he spoke those horrific words.

I shuddered and pushed the thought out of my mind. I realised that tears were now pooling in my sad green eyes again.

The sound of the door bell startled me. My eyes went wide and i jumped up in awareness.

That couldn't be him could it? No it's no where near 8:00pm. It's not even dark yet. I stood up quickly and ran to my window. I looked down on to the patio. I saw two little heads tugging a wheelbarrow stacked with an assortment of cookies. I let out a sigh of relief. Just girl scouts Harmony.

I was being paranoid now, stupid. I silently opened my bedroom door and walked out into the hallway. I was halfway to the stairs when some one grabbed my wrist. I shot around to be met by a big, brown pair of innocent eyes.

"What are you doing Harmony?"  a timid voice asked. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, cussing under my breath.

"I'm just going for a walk Ben." He didn't buy a word of it. He was warned by mum to keep an eye on me.

"Harmony why are you running away? I thought you liked it here." he was so unaware of the sadness and darkness i was feeling it made me give a small chuckle. I covered it up quickly by ruffling his soft, chocolate hair. He lifted his head and gawked at me, puzzled.

"I'm not running away bud, I don't know where you got that idea. I'm just going to the beach and relaxing for a few hours, maybe if I'm game enough I might go swimming. I packed my swimmers just in case." I lifted my bag to emphasize the point.

He seemed to buy into the lies now, or maybe he just wasn't bothered enough to argue with me. I turned and started to stride away.

"See ya later Ben!" I sounded a lot cheerier than I should have, but Ben had that effect on me. His cluelessness and innocence made you treat him like a fragile piece of antique glass.

I padded down the stairs quickening my pace as I neared the bottom. I checked to see that mum was out of sight before forwarding to the refrigerator. I grabbed two apples and some potato chips, not much but enough for now. If worst came to worst I had my money.

I casually walked to the front door and quietly opened it for my escape. As it was prone to making loud creaking noises I only drew back the handle enough for me to only just get through. I squeezed through the narrow opening I had created and shut the door as quietly as I had opened it.

Still acting casual, I strolled my way towards the bus station. A few people were crowded around the long bench awaiting their transport. There was a middle aged lady dressed in a knitted cardigan over a floral print shirt and worn jeans. She was accompanied by  a baby that appeared to be no more than three months old. I assumed it was a girl by the way she was dressed in pink.

Also there were three teenage boys all with sagged pants and smokes in their mouths. They appeared to be around sixteen, probably drop-outs, but really, who was I to judge? I'm A seventeen year old high -school drop-out who is running away from home in an attempt to regain her mother's attention and love, you can't get much lower than that.

I stopped observing the people when a white and blue striped bus with the logo 'Bradfords' pulled up on the curb. I retrieved my wallet from my light blue day-pack and got out the $2.50 needed for the short trip to the beach. That was the one thing I wasn't lying about to Ben, I really am heading to the white sand and salty blue water of the beach.

I walked on to the bus and handed the bus driver my fare. He just nodded in approval and I gave him a slight smile. The bus was pretty well fitted so I took a seat next to a nice old lady.

"The weather has been a bit chilly lately hasn't it love?" Her cracked wearing voice asked. I looked at her and her broad smile. There seemed to be some sadness in those blue eyes of hers though, probably caused by loosing a loved one or something bad occurring in the family. Both very distressful situations.

"Yes, It's been freezing me to the bone!" I exaggerated and returned her warm smile. We kept chatting until it was time for her to get off, soon after her it was me.

I was the only one to get off at the beach. I took a deep breath and smelt the salty sea air. It was a refreshing smell that always managed to make me feel better. The effect left me smiling like a fool and looking at the waves until something caught my eye in the distance.

HEY NAY! here's my chapter! so epic people out there reading our epic story, would you mind voting and commenting? I would really love to hear some feed-back, without it we're just fumbling out in the dark trying to find something good but all we find is something that everyone despises. PLEASE TELL US WHAT WE'RE DOING RIGHT OR WRONG!! WE REALLY NEED IT! It would also help if you could spread the word of this epic novel coming together. BTW do you guys like the cover? I made this one and I didn't warn Shanay before I did so. She will probably hate me for it unless you guys like it more. TTYL PEACE OUT