Chapter 2 :)

A/N Hi Guys!! Uh... This is my first chapter. I wanted you people to know that I'm not as good a writer as Rhianna but I try my best so.. Enjoy :)

Shanay :)

I try to let out a small scream but my throat is constricted. Unlike in the movies, I don't jump up heaving with sweat pouring down my face. I just lay there breathing a little heavier than usual as the silent tears slowly make there way down my face.

The images replay in my head of my drunk father yelling at me for being such a disappointment. He starts screaming and he gets out of control. He swings his beer bottle around before smashing it over my head. Then trying to stab me.

That's when I wake up, crying. I glance over at the clock as soon as my eye sight clears. Three o'clock it reads.

I throw my head back and sigh. Sleep crying... Sleep crying. I've been known to sleep cry forever. When I was just seven years old I woke myself up crying in my sleep, having dreamed about the boogie monster. Then when I was twelve I cried because I had a fight with my best friend in my dream.

Then when I was fifteen... I awoke crying because I tried to roll over and the bruise in my stomach ached. 'Just fifteen' I think. 'Sweet and innocent fifteen year old Harmony.'

I tried to force the memory of when my father first saw me crying in my bed away. But it haunted me. Him laughing at how I held my stomach and sobbed. Since then I've cried silently.

I groan when my stomach growls, demanding food. I get up and trudge my way slowly down the stairs in my semi mansion. I snatch a banana from the fruit bowl then plop down on the couch.

I flick the TV on and a re run of Jersey Shore is on. Not really interested I turn it back off. Standing up I throw my banana peel into the bin, hearing a grumble of appreciation from my gut.

I stumble up the stairs feeling tired again and just before I close the door I hear a little voice whisper

"Harmony..."

Ben

"Buddy go to bed it's 3:30 in the morning"

I turn to walk in but he follows and shuts the door lightly behind him. I sigh, sitting on my bed. He walks over and sits with me.

"Can I sleep with you?"

I sigh and nod laying down then moving over so Ben can fit. He cuddles up to me.

"Harmony"

"Yes bud?"

"I love you."

I love you... Those three little words. They take just seconds to write or say. Those three little words had just eight letters. But they had a massive effect. Nobody had told me they loved me in a long time.

"Love you too" I don't hesitate to reply, even though it hurts. To think my ten year old brother, who sees everything in black and white, is the only one who loves me just hurts more.

Without warning he is asleep, unknown to the damage he has caused. I whipper slightly when I realize only my brother loves me. I'm so worthless on this earth.

I was just my dads boxing bag, I'm not the pretty girl that wears make up and goes shopping that mum wanted and every friend I've had thinks in messed up.

In a quick act of rage I stand up and grab the first Thing that's within reach, a lamp. I pick it up and go to throw it but I stop. I do have my fathers genes.. His looks yes but...

'What is all this sudden rage?' I think

I place the lamp back down sigh.

"I'm just like my father"

"HARMONY WE'RE GOING TO GET JORDAN'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!! WAKE UP"

I groan rolling over, reminding me of dad I wince at the memory.

"COMING" I try to scream back but my voice cuts out.

Huffing I drag my feet slowly down the stair, taking as much time as possible.

She meets me with a cheery smile. Already freaked out I raise my eyebrow and try not to make further eyes contact.

I plop myself onto one of our barstool-ish chair.

"May I have breakfast first mother? Please" I say impersonating Oliver

She rolls her eyes but nods anyway. I make myself some toast, nothing special. When I've finished eating I run upstairs and wash my hair in the sink. I didn't want to have a shower so I cheated.

Some of the knots In my hair came out easily. After giving up I chuck my hair back into a messy bun.

Slowly walking down the staircase again, I see mum frown up at me.

"You could have done something better with your hair!" she exclaims looking disgusted

I roll my eyes

"Like what?!"

"Brushing it!!"

"I'VE TRIED"

"Well maybe if you brushed it more often.." she mumbled

"IM SORRY I LIVED WITH AN ABUSIVE FATHER FOR TWO YEARS" I scream throwing my hands up and whimpering as the bruises on my arms ache.

I stomp my way up the stairs, getting over my tantrum. I plugged my headphones in and blasted random songs, not really paying attention to the lyrics.

I could here my mother knocking on my door. Willing to block my mother out I plug my iPod into my speakers and blare the music.

After an hour or two I go downstairs to apologize for my childish actions. Well, actually I just wanted her to cook me dinner tonight.

I shift downstairs. 'Damn these stairs' I think

"Mum" I call out quietly

"Yes I know" I hear someone say. The voice I recognized as my mother

"Her father beat her, Graham, I don't think she's ready to meet you

I push myself further against the wall, and unlike the dream, it was exactly like in the movies.

"Yes I know that were engaged but you don't understand"

I gasp and my eyes water

"YES I KNOW!!" she yells

"If I tell Ben then he'll tell Harmony"

By now I'm in complete shock! How long has she been engaged!?!?. When was she gonna tell me? WAS SHE GONNA TELL ME?!?!?

"I'm going to tell them both tonight so you should probably come around."

Tonight! She was gonna tell me tonight

"Yeah come around about eight"

TONIGHT!! I start to feel Light headed

"Yeah, I love you too"

Now my heart pulls. She can say I love you to him but not me.

I'm her daughter!! She doesn't love me but she live her fiancee, who by the way, her two freaking kids haven't even met!!!

I run to the bathroom and vomit my guts up.

So guys, I know that this chapter was sucky AND short but, y'know it was my first chapter so I blame this on that yeah. So if you could get people onto this book that would be absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidociously awesome!!! Bye for now!!