3

I walk home, the six boys were right behind, they must live near me. I see my new house, I remember the messages. I knew Dad would be waiting for me. I step on to my lawn, visibly shaking, I walk up to my door, the six boys pass by. I could feel their eyes on me. I unlock the door, painfully slowly. I step in my house, all the lights were on, but it was like no one was home. I close and lock the door. I see my father, standing in the hallway, belt in hand. I whimper as I come closer to him. "Piece of shit, thinking you could just leave without telling me?" My father slurred, the smell of alcohol on his breath. I just hope for the best, Dad lifts the belt and swings it right across my face, I turn my head as the belt makes contact with my cheek. I fall back on the corner of the wall, hitting my head. I sink to the floor, grabbing my head tightly. 

"Your just a little wimp, shitty, wimpy, fucking..." everything goes hazy as he continues to kick me. I get a foot to the face and in the stomach, beating up my delicate body. I cough loudly, trying to get a breath. "S-stop... please," I choke out, my father grabs me by the hair and pulls me up. "Do you give the orders around here now? Do you put food on the table? NO, NO YOU DON'T SO DON'T TRY TO BOSS ME AROUND WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN BE THANKFUL FOR THE FOOD ON YOUR PLATE AT NIGHT!" Dad screams in my face. 

As he screams at me about my eating habits I feel pain rush through my body. My father pulls me the stairs and throws me in my room, I hit my back to my bed post. "You can stay in here until you learn how to appreciate some shit!" My father yells at me and walks away, well as much as a very intoxicated person can. I wait for all the feeling in my body to return, he's probably forgotten that I wasn't allowed out my room by now. I close the door and get changed out of my blood stained clothes and into some news ones.

I walk out of my room, slowly down the stairs, my Dad sitting on the couch, a beer in hand. My breath hitches in my throat. I walk down to the door, wanting to escape. I open the door, it makes a noise, all I hear is the sound of someone getting up from the couch, the sound of a glass bottle smashing on the floor. It's all I need to hear before I run. 

I run down the street, I hear someone scream behind me, but I keep running, the shouting getting fainter by the second. I keep running until I run into a few people, falling down. I look up, it was the six popular boys. Taehyung looks at me and smiles, "someone is in a rush," he says, extending his hand. I flinch, and keep my head down, I had taken a few blows to the head. I get up by myself and put my hand in my pockets, knowing my purple and blue beaten arms are painfully visible. I keep walking, walking away from my hell hole I have to call home.

I walk down the street, looking back, if my father was going to get in the car and drive after me he would've found me by now, I relax a bit. I walk past a clothing store, there was a black hoodie on sale. I sigh and shiver a bit, I reach in my pocket, I had about fifty dollars, lunch money that I never had any use for. I go inside the shop and buy the black hoodie, at least now my bruises could be hidden. I walk out the shop, the six popular boys were walking past, I go outside put on the hoodie and throw the hood over my head. 

I go to the park and sit down, wanting the icy winds to freeze me so I couldn't feel the pain anymore. Every single cell in my body ached in pain. I could feel someone's eyes on my from a distance, I turn around, Taehyung was looking at me. All I could do was sigh, I wasn't ready to go back but I also didn't want the six most popular boys to see me and my disgusting self. I sit on the bench, looking out at the snow falling. I feel someone sit down next to me, I look to the side, it was Taehyung. "Hey," he says, giving me his warming box smile. I just nod, scared, worried that with just one word my father would be able to find me and bring back home. 

"You wanna hang out with my friends and I?" He offers, "sure," I say very quietly. Taehyung smiles and leads me over to all of his friends. "Hey guys, this is Jungkook, Jungkook this is Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin," Taehyung introduces. "Hey Jungkook," Namjoon greets. "Hello," I say quietly, "we're about to go over to a coffee shop," Jimin says. I nod and we walk toward the little shop. We sit in a booth after we all order, "when's out next practice?" Yoongi asks. "I think the game is on Sunday so probably on Thursday, but we'll just check with Mr Han," Seokjin answers.

Everyone keeps talking around me, I just listen and nod. I look out the window for a second, fear rushes through my veins and sends my heart into complete panic. It was my father, and my mother, I don't think they knew I was here but that didn't stop the pure fear that runs through me when I see my father. "Jungkook?"