What Could Happen?

Annabeth's POV

The car ride to Camp Half Blood was filled with Percy and I teasing each other, the license plate game, and an intense game of would you rather. It had been a long summer, of course Percy and I loved spending quality time together but we both missed our kids. Today was Labor Day, aka the last day of camp for the kids. Percy and I pulled into the parking lot around three o'clock and from what we could hear, the campers were playing capture the flag. Percy tagged my shoulder and took off running within seconds after he said, "race you to the Big House."

I rolled my eyes but sprinted after him, I caught up to him soon enough. We raced through the cabins and by the rock wall just before we reached the Big House, "you're too slow wise girl, I'm gonna win this time."

"I don't think so seaweed brain," I snagged the back of his shirt and yanked him backwards, giving me enough space to pass him and slap the wall of the Big House.

"Hey, no fair, no grabbing clothes." Percy whined, bumping my shoulder.

"Hey, you never specified rules." I teased, not bothering to contain my laughter.

"It looks like you two haven't grown up a bit have you?" I heard a calm, mellow voice that made me grin happily.

"Hey Chiron, it's great to see you." I smiled.

"Likewise, how was your summer? Too quiet?" Chiron gave Percy and I a joking smile.

"Yes and no, how were they?" Percy answered, slipping his hand in mine.

"They were great, as usual. I must say, I'm very impressed with them all, Lena, Taylor and Lauren's quest was a success. Charlie and Zoe have gotten to be even better fighters this year, and their behavior has changed too." Chiron chuckled, gazing towards the woods with screams and battle cries echoing through the camp.

"That's great, we're very proud, how about Luke? Behave well, as always?" I smiled, thinking about my kids, I was excited to see them all, summer had seemed longer this year.

"Oh yes, he takes after you Annabeth." Chiron gave me a warm smile.

"Of course he does," Percy laughed, bumping my shoulder.

"Are they all packed? We can take them after capture the flag finishes." I offered.

"Yep, they're all set, come with me, I'm sure they're very excited to see you." Chiron led us towards the woods and we stood watching the dozens of campers disappear in and out of the woods.

My eyes caught sight of Zeus' fist, my cheeks turned red as I remembered Percy's proposal from so many years ago. I had to admit, I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. Or just Percy in general, all the memories and experiences we'd shared together that made the world our kids live in possible.

It was now that I had realized that I had achieved my dream, of making something permanent that would last forever. I had done that, I had created a world that allowed demigods to live life to its fullest, our children could grow up and have families of their own someday because of what I had done in the past. I hadn't done it alone either, without my adventures from my past, I never would be standing here today, I never would've met my best friends and changed the world. Percy, Piper, Jason, and all the rest had changed the world, we all had made something permanent in history, demigod history. A building could never have this kind of impact on a society, this, what Percy and I had done, this would last forever. Our legacy, our adventures, our stories would be passed down from generation to generation and they would live on through our children.

"Annabeth, Annabeth, look, there they are!" I heard Percy say loudly.

I snapped out of my daze and saw five figures running up the hill. The boy to the left, with wavy blonde hair and sparkling green eyes, in khaki shorts and the orange camp half blood t-shirt waved excitedly at us. The other boy, a little smaller than the oldest, with the same wavy blonde hair with wild grey eyes was laughing loudly as the girl with sea green eyes and straight, short, jet black hair shoved him into his brother. The other girl with deeply curled black hair pulled into a ponytail with cheerful grey eyes was shouting something and grinning as big as Manhattan. Finally, the smallest of the five, the bright blonde with deeply curled hair, tied up in a ponytail with bright grey eyes came into focus and wrapped her arms around me.