Chapter 9

Hey so I just realized no one has used their powers yet!!! I can't believe I made you guys wait so long!!! I'm sorry. I'll add some powers in this time.

------------

Willows POV

C'mon. I can do this. Just a silly little phone call. And well, an invitation. Ugh!! come on. Pick up the phone and dial the number.

I slowly went for the phone and as it made contact with my skin, I pulled back.

Taking a deep breath, I reached for it once more only to get the same reaction but this time because it rang. I picked it up more confidently and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, uh hi, it's Link, is willow there?" link asked.

On my gosh. He called me. That made it easier and harder at the same time.

"S-speaking" I replied

"Oh hi, I didn't know if it was you or not so I asked cause I didn't want to call your siblings you or even worse your mom. Well then again I don't even know if you HAVE siblings or a mom. Oh wow sorry please tell me you have a mom cause if you don't I'm just gonna leave you alone for the rest of your life. Wait I can't cause were mates and-" he rambled on and on until I interupted.

"Hey calm down. I do have a little brother and I do have a mom. I'm not offended."

"Phew, I was just worried that-"

"Let's just forget about it"

"Yah that's a good idea" he said

".....so why did you call? wait let me guess, you were bored?" I teased

"What? I don't get tha- oh yaaa I remember. No I'm not bored I was just wondering if you wanna go hang out sometime? today? maybe?"

"Ya sure! to be honest I was just about to call and ask you the same thing." I admitted

"Sweet! so do you wanna meet somewhere or what. I'm in Vidan right now and I'm guessing your at home...."

"Ummm how about the school? it's lame but we both know where it is."

"Sure no problem! it's fine if it's lame just meet me on the front lawn."

"Ok I'll see you then" I smiled at the thought of sorta half going out with a guy.

"K, bye"

"Bye" I hung up. Sometime I'm gonna have to explain this to Braile. I hope she forgets!

I look in my mirror and fix my hair into a messy bun and put a big baggy sweater in and jeans head downstairs. Quickly, I write a note telling Braile where I am and to just pop one if the frozen dinners in the microwave for dinner, and then head out the door.

Links POV

I can't believe I was gonna meet up with her!!! Smiling, I put a hoodie on and yelled to my mom that I'd be back by my curfew of 10pm, and walked out the door.

I decided that since she lived like 2 blocks away from the school (no I don't stalk her.....well maybe I do! who cares she my mate) that I would turn into a bird and fly off. It was hard to decided what kind of bird to turn into but I decided on hummingbird since they are the quickest.

A few minutes later I arrived at the school and saw her. She was wearing a baggy sweater and jeans that fit her but didn't look like they were sprayed on. And her hair was put in a messy bun, but looked perfect.

She looked around confused, probably wondering where I am.

I could have fun with this. I flew over to wards her and sat in a nearby tree and started tweeting a song.

She whipped her head around to try and find me but I was quick and his from her view. I flew to a branch that was lower and was a foot taller than her.

Spotting me, she said "hello little fella. Are you lost.?"

Why is it that when people talk to animals they call them 'little' and ask if they're lost? it make no sense.

I stood there staring at her and continued tweeting.

"You have a very pretty voice, girl"

In my mind I was laughing my head off.

"Here let me help you," she picked me up and stroked my feathers. She was very suprised that I hadn't flown away yet.

I decided I would change now.

The look on her face when she saw that I was the bird was priceless. She screamed and backed away.

I laughed and pointed saying "y-you thought I was a-a girl!!! did I really look t-that lost?"

She walked briskly up to me and gave a me swat on the shoulder. I continued laughing.

This frustrated her more than ever. "Are you serious! I can't believe you would do that!!"

"Hey, you would do the same thing, wouldn't you?" I asked smirking

"(Sigh) yah I would've." She started laughing and I joined in. "That was a good one. You really do have a good voice though."

"I guess...but anyway, what do you wanna do?" I asked

"I'm not sure. I have to be back in about an hour and a half cause my sister gets home then."

"Ok, do you wanna just walk around and chat?"

"Sure" she replied.

We started walking down the street laughing and talking as if we had been friends for years.

"Ok so let me get this straight? you have one brother, you have never played monopoly before, your positive your dad hates you and your favourite subject in school in gym?" I asked

"Yes" she replied sheepishly

"Hey that's ok everyone has different personalities and stuff. I personally hate gym but love my science class."

"Ewwww science!!! I can stand math but science complicates me more than boys!"

"How bout this, I help you with boys and science, you help me with getting my gym grades up?" I asked

"Sure, but what could you help me out with boys?"

"I don't know? understanding our language and stuff?"

"It's not like I'm gonna date someone else though. It will probably just be you, if like we do do that and we're both ok with it. Since were mates" she added

"I guess......"

We rounded a corner and ended up in front if her house. She checked her watch.

"I'm sorry I have to go" she told me

"It's ok I understand. Well not really cause I have no siblings but i get it."

"Thanks for the walk, I'll see you on Monday at school ok?" she started walking up her porch steps.

"Sure, bye!" I waved

"Bye!" she disappeared into her house.

I smiled and turned into a hummingbird and took off towards home.

--------

I got some powers in there.....probably coulda added more but.....ya. Im tired so I'll write again soon

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN!!!

-Kareyna