Chapter 1

Hi 😋

------------

"Get up, get up, get up!!!" my younger sister yelled at me as she jumped on my bed.

"Few more minutes Braile" I replied.

"No! it's earth day and we have to be up with the sun!" she told me.

This is my life every month on the third day of the third week. My little sister Braile who is 8 jumps on me telling me it's earth day. In Jalgid every third day of the third week we take a school day off and celebrate the rising of the sun. This day means waking up at dawn and spending the entire day outside until dusk when the sun sets. Wow big deal, huh? in my opinion it's no different than any other day because any other day, we spend outside in the sun or at school. I don't know what's so different between earth day and any other day.

"I'm too tired, leave me alone!"

"I'm gonna go get mom, Will" she said with a smirk.

"You wouldn't" I replied

"Yes I would"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"FINE!!! I'll get up but you have to leave I'm only wearing a tank top and short shorts. "i yelled.

"But you'll just sleep more!"

"Your too smart!" I told her

"No I just know you better than you know yourself."

"K fine ill get up and you can stand on the other dude of the door and hear me. Deal?"

She sighed "fine but hurry. The sun will be up in 10 minutes"

She left my room. I started making sounds like I was getting up by kicking my feet up and down to make it seem like I was getting out of bed. I kicked the walls to make the sound of my dressers opening and closing. I was doing all this while getting a little more sleep. Who was smarter now?

"You have 3 minutes Will"

I sighed and got out of bed. Looking in the mirror I fixed my hair into a braid and straightened my day clothes that I put on last night instead of pjs, knowing that I could catch a few more minutes of sleep by doing so. Again, who's smarter?

I walked out of my room and saw my little sister asleep in the hall. One thing Braile and I have in common is that whenever we aren't being bothered or anything, we sleep. It's kinda a sleeping disorder but we refuse to get medicine from my doctor because that means we didn't have an excuse when we fell asleep in history.

I gently woke her up and got almost the same response I gave her not 15 minutes ago except she got up 5 minutes faster than me.

She glanced at her watch and panicked. "We're late!!! its 2 minutes after sunrise! moms gonna kill us. Run!!!"

Braile and I ran out of our house and down the street to town square where everyone is gathered. We stay gathered until we were dismissed at noon (which is about 6 and a half hours from now). Until then we sit on my moms handmade quilt and watch the sun. Boring, right? in my mind it's worse than watching paint dry. The only cool thing is, is that everyone who is claimed already is in some kind of animals form. I made up a game with Braile where we try and guess which animal is who. Of coarse we never know if we are right, but it's better than doing nothing.

-six and a half hours later-

"C'mon girls, let's go home and eat lunch" my mom called.

We were starving because I made us late. If I hadn't taken so long to get up, we could've had breakfast. But to me, sleep was a bigger priority than food.