Chapter 5

Once the medics arrived and carried me into the ambulance, I was in a hell of a lot of pain. It felt unexplainable. At the hospital, I was taken to the emergency entrance and sent into a room. 5 minutes later, a doctor entered the cold room.

He told me I had sprained my ankle when I slipped and the contact with the easel to my foot fractured my ankle. Thankfully, it was a clean break and I wouldn't need surgery. Once the cast was on my leg, a blue one because it was my absolute favorite color, I called a cab to pick me up.

I told the cab driver to drop me off near a music store, I decided to get some new records to play. I entered the store and was browsing through the classical section when I over heard a lovely song.

"The story of my life,
I take her home, I drive all night to keep her warm,
and time is frozen"

I snuck a peak at the group of girls listening to the song. They looked familiar. Maybe I saw them out when I first arrived. They were awfully different. They styles clashed with each other yet matched perfectly. It was different. I sort of liked it to be honest.

     I decided to ask what they were listening to. The girls introduced themselves to me. They mentioned the name of the song and we exchanged numbers. I wish I had gotten the name of the band at the time.

     The four of them were extremely pretty. One had fair skin and short turquoise hair, her eyes were a deep brown. She seemed a little crazy, but she was also very calm. Her name was Aqua. The other had purple and blue hair, it reached down to her hips. She had light blue eyes. Her skin was a bit tanned, maybe from being in the sun? Her name was Hope. The other one had rich green eyes and long pink hair. Her name was Mercy. The last girl, she had dimples that complimented her face. Her hair was an ebony black with some red streaks here and there. Her eyes were a very light brown, almost hazel. Her name was Eclipse.

     By the time I got home, it was late. Around 10 pm. I went straight to my laptop and searched up the song name. The band name that showed up put me in complete shock.

One Direction

     I spent the rest of that night watching videos of them performing and acting silly. I had to honestly say I fell in love. Those boys were ridiculous. Then again, I suppose I was ridiculous for not actually listening to them.