Chapter 2

I decided to do a bit of shopping before I left for London, I needed some new outfits anyway. My grandmother wouldn't mind me coming back late considering my flight would leave the next morning.

I walked pass the stores at the mall, and stared blankly through each window, I had forgotten the main thing I'd need to use at the mall. So, I couldn't buy anything, but nobody had said anything about trying stuff on. I headed to my favorite store. As I made my way inside I was greeted by Talya, one of the cashiers, and my old room mate. She looked lovely, as always.

"Escape? Are you okay?" I heard her laugh.

She had been talking to me while I was lost in thought, it was a bad habit of mine.

"Yeah Talya? Sorry what did you say again?" I answered sheepishly.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" She asked.

"Oh, no I'm fine, just looking around today," I smiled.

"Okay," She smiled back, "By the way, good luck in London, I hope it's what you expected it to be."

"Thank you, and I hope Australia is good to you, too," I said as I gave her a hug.

I looked around at some cute dresses and thought about them, but just before I grabbed them to try them on, the song, the one I absolutely despised came on.

"You're insecure,
Don't know what for,"

I couldn't stand it. I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the shop. A group of girls stared at me like an idiot for hating it. I was about ready to flip them off, but I decided against it. I had enough of the mall.

I drove back to my grandmother's and got packed my final essentials for my flight. I couldn't  believe it was already 11 pm, I would be leaving in 3 hours.

"Shit," I muttered to myself, "It's finally happening."

I took a quick shower and got into a pair of sweats and a tank top, and tied my long brown hair into a bun. I made myself a little meal of Mac 'n' cheese. As I was about to sit and eat, there was a knock on the door, I assumed it was my grandmother after a night out with her boyfriend. That wasn't the case, however. Who I found at the door shocked me.