Chapter 1

Graduation had just ended and I couldn't wait to move to England and leave this place. Life had been depressing. Multiple things had happened.

I had finished packing all of my clothes and slammed my last suitcase shut. As I walked down the halls one last time, everything hit me. All of the memories from parties and waking up with hangovers and running late for classes, I was going to miss it.

I was an artist. My art was finally becoming recognized and my career was finally beginning to take off. Painting was an out for me since I was young. I loved the way my acrylic paints smeared onto the canvas and how I could bring the pictures in my mind to life. My favorite part was mixing colors to make brand new ones. Turning lilac and princess pink into a never ending sunset, that was my passion.

I stayed at my grandmother's house that weekend. My flight to London was at 3am on Sunday. I had one day left to spend with my grandmother, but she decided her boyfriend was more important. Instead, I ended up going to the mall to shop.

I enjoyed spending my time at home mostly, but it was healthy to go out sometime. I guess. I liked reading better than walking around with pounds of bags on my arms, unless those bags were filled with new art supplies.

     I guess you could say I was different than most girls, then again I was pretty normal. Average. I was from a middle class family. My home smelled like my dad's morning coffee. My mother stayed at home caring for my siblings and I. We were a small bunch, a family of 6. I always had to earn what I wanted, and so I reached for the stars.