Chapter 3

I peaked through the whole in the door and was shocked to see Layla standing there. Of all people, why would she want to see me? Better yet, why would she think I wanted to see her?

"Layla? What the hell are you doing here?" I glared at her, once I opened the door.

"Hi! Escape, I was wondering if maybe we could talk about things, you know. Get over the rough patches in our friendship," She said as she played with her fingers.

"Shut the fuck up," I laughed like an insane person would.

"Sorry?" She said, looking a bit angry.

"Don't you look at me like you have a right to be mad after what you did," I glared at her, "This friendship you're trying to mend? Yeah, you threw that away a long time ago. I don't know how the hell you found me, but don't you ever try to find me again."

"You're loss," She rolled her eyes.

"My loss, huh? My loss of what? My loss of sanity? Because that's what would happen if I ever became friends with you again. I learned well from my last mistake, Layla. It's time you grew up and stopped playing games," I laughed and shut the door.

     As soon as I shut the door, I sank to the ground in tears. All the memories flooded back into my mind.  The pain and suffering brought on by others and myself. I had to sit a remind myself of how far I had risen from the low place I was in.

     Once I gathered myself back up, I wrote my grandmother a note telling her how thankful I was. I finished my, by then, cold food, got my suitcases, and headed to the bus stop. I had to forget about all the pain I endured those final years of high school, and maybe London would be my chance.

The airport was just a 5 minute drive, and it was a nice night. I decided to walk to the airport instead. The air would help me clear the previous events off of my mind.

     I arrived just in time to board the plane, security was being a bitch. But there I was. About to go off to a whole new country. I found my seat, and as the plane lifted off the ground, I fell asleep with dreams of hope and a better life...