Ch 22:Me & You

Flashback

August 2011

Jalia's POV

"Girl we seniors..!!"Aria came running to me. Today was the first day back to school and as seniors we are suppose to be excited, well she is. I am a little bit but I just wanna go home and hide in my bed. I gave her a fake hug then closed my locker. "Wass up with you?" she asked as we are walkin down the long hallways of Towers High School. "ugh, u know.." I said with out bringing up the fact that I want to go home. "you can't hide for eva..Lia we are seniors, we seniors niggas, we are almost grown.." she's still excited, being seniors mean we have to graduate, then go to college & became adults. Am I ready to become an adult. We arrived in 1st hr, math , we took our seats in the middle back, tha class was half way full since mostly everybody is still in the hallway mingling. "Ok, boys y'all come in tha class room, Ms.Poter, motioned for the boys to come in. "great this should be fun." I mumbled sarcastically as I seen Jacquees, Tevin & Issa all walk past me , they took their seats in the back of the class room,not to far from where Aria & I are sittin at. Jacquees, and I just got into it the otha day, because he was tellin me bout Nick, a dude i talk to on-off , Que was talkin bout,how he was a liar & cheater..welp Que was right. I never told him he was because he gon rub it in my face like always.

Ms.Poter talked to us for 25 minutes & gave us the rest 30minutes to ourselves. "yo Que ya mixtape is hot." Shay said turning around. She was sitting in front of Que. "Thanks Shay." he said. "Did y'all hear it.?" she asked out loud to the small group. "Yea I heard it." Aria said. I was on my phone textin Nick. "what bout cha?" she touched my shoulder makin me look over to her. "Huh" I raised my eyebrows. "hear Que mixtape Round of Applause." she asked. "no, I been busy." I checked my phone. Really I haven't been busy, I just don't want to listen to it since we into it, i'm tryin to fight the urge , but I think that is not going to last. "busy talkin to Nick?" Issa questioned, he sittin behind, & next to Que. I turned around in my desk, halfway. "yes, is that a problem." I shot back. "Kinda if Que told ya bout him." he said to me. I rolled my eyes & turned back around. I was glad when the bell rang.

"I honestly think he was talkin boutcha in 'Nobody' & 'My Girl' " Shay said walkin up to Aria & I. Why is she bothering me bout dis damn mixtape, I know it's his first one but damn.Im tryin to get to 2nd hr. "I was thinkin tha same thing."Aria co-signs. I roll my eyes. "at least some body agrees." Shay popped her lips. "huh." she makin me have an attitude. "see 'Nobody' talks on how-" "Baby!!" I semi yelled at Nick. I rushed over to him and jumped into his arms. He picked me up only inches away from the ground. "hey baby." he kissed my lips. "was up?" he asked. He wrapped his arm my neck and we started walkin down the hallway. "tryin to get away from Shay & Aria, they keep talkin bout Jacquees mixtape."i told him. "You talkin bout tha garbage shit, when will dat nigga realize he can't sing." Nick was laughing. "he's not that bad, it's just I ain't wanna here dem talkin bout it while I'm mad at him, ya know" I said trying to take up for him. Even though I get mad at him ion like when people talk bad bout him especially Nick.

"oh yea I fa got y'all got into it, u ain't neva tell me what it was bout." he says stopin infront of my 2nd period. "nothing nick." I said lookin away ,I can't tell Nick the truth that Jacquees was tellin me that nick was cheatin & he was telling the truth or that the real reason I don't wanna talk to him is because i like him. "oh iight, hit me up at lunch so I can sit wit ya." he kissed me on my forehead and left me. I walked into my 2nd hour, English. I scanned the room and seen Que, Durante, Kehlani and Otha people i don't really mess with. I took a sit behind Kehlani and listened to Mr.Haas talk.

~

I slipped of my black flip flops, dropped my bookbag on the floor and flopped down on my bed.Ugh, well this year should be fun, not really. Jacquees and I literally have the same schedule. He is in ALL of my classes, there is never going to be a win win in this situation. I plugged up my headphones in my iPod touch , & went to live mixtape app & found "Round of Applause" I scrolled down to 'Nobody' & pressed play

"tru story, ...ima do the things that ya man will never do, I'm just trying to win ya heart , tryin to get next to you , nobody can understand u like I do , nobody can treat u the way that I treat you.

I know things I ain't go the way we planned, now u got a new boyfriend , & it's tearin up my heart how we fell apart , I can't breathe it's so hard.

you run round town with my bestfriend I didn't even know what was happening

uuhh, it's hurting me inside ,ooohh these feelings I can't hide , noo I ma do the things that ya man will never do, I'm just trying to win ya heart , tryin to get next to you , nobody can understand u like I do , nobody (nobody) can treat u the way that I treat you.

ima do the things that ya man will never (Neva ) do, I'm just trying (tryin) to win ya heart , tryin to get next to you , nobody can understand u like I do , nobody can treat u the way that I treat you.

what hurts so bad is that he go to the same school , take all my same classes & it's driving me insane I'm reckon my brain, & I hate to hear ya name

you should know that I'll do u right , u ain't got to worry, you know how

we use to be, you know all them stories ,

& nobody can take ya away , baby them games u playin they end today

ima do the things that ya man will never do, I'm just trying to win ya heart , tryin to get next to you , nobody can understand u like I do , nobody can treat u the way that I treat you.ima do the things that ya man will never do, I'm just trying to win ya heart , tryin to get next to you , nobody can understand u like I do , nobody can treat u the way that I treat you..."

I slipped off my headphones when the song ended, is he really talkin bout me? If he is then he had to write this last year Junior year, because he and Nick had classes together.

"Who is it?" I called out. Somebody was knocking on my bedroom door. "Que." I rolled me eyes and went to open the door. "was up kid." he said flopping down on my bed. I went over to my vanity to do my hair. "watcha ova here listenin too?" he asked. "umm that new Chris Brown song." I lied. "rweallt cuse it look like ya listenin to a yung nigga name Jac-Quees." he was smiling. "ooww u caught me." I faked laughed. "aye cuh wat's up wit ya...u been actin distance lately." he started telling me. He should be the last person telling me what's wrong with myself. "nothing Que I'm cool" I lied.

"naw, I know you Jalia,something is up. Is that nigga Nick filling up your ear?" he said walking up behind me. "No Que damn, I said it was nothing. " I snapped at him. "You always hiding from your feelings. You know that's not good. Here I am tryin to figure out what is wrong wit ya but ya blocking me out." he snapped back. "we cant even have a simple conversation because u always flashin out on a me." he added. I turned around and stood up. "I guess you don't get the hint that ion be wanting to talk to you." Things haven't been the same with me since he broke my cherry, I wanted more from him I still do but I just settled for Nick. "Fine i'll just stop trying to make this friendship work." he said before walking out. He slammed the door.