Chapter 8

Marinette and Adrien had been dating for about a year now. Similarly, Ladybug and Chat Noir's team dynamic had been better than ever.

It was Adrien's birthday, and Marinette had organized him a small party at the bakery. After school of course. She made him a Ladybug themed cake. A small one. Only Nino, Alya, Marinette, and Adrien were coming. So, no need to make it big. She turned up the music. She had their couple song on replay. Sweater weather. They loved that song.

Taking the cake up stairs, she heard the door open. She turned, too fast. The cake slipped out of her hands. Just as her foot lost traction. She held out her hands trying to grab any part of the wall, but it was in vain. She hit her head on the last step. Blood rushing out. Adrien was too late.

===========================

Adrien took her to the hospital, Alya and Nino right behind his limo with the girls parents.

"Hang on Mari" he whispered. She was loosing a lot of blood. And fast.

They finally made it. Adrien carried Marinette into the ER.

"Help me please." He yelled. Everything else was a blur. All he knew was that it was a lot of blood. The tears never stopped coming.

===========================

The doctor finally came out with news.

"She is going to be ok." Adrien felt alive. He let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. She was going to be ok.

"Can I see her?" He immediately said. Not giving her parents a chance to ask the same.

"Umm I mean, after you guys" he started saying.

"It's ok son. Go in with us." He heard Tom say.

"Thank you" Adrien whispered.

They walked into the room. Marinette was still asleep. Adrien walked over to her left side. Holding her hand, he smiled. She would be fine. He kissed her forehead.

"Princess." She began to stir. Slowly she opened her eyes. She looked around. Her eyes scanning the plain room. Then her eyes landed on Adrien. She started panicking.

"Wh-who are you? Where am i? Who am I?" She started crying. Her parents stood there shocked. Adrien reacted half a second later.

"Doctor?!" He ran out of the room. He came back in with the doctor.

"Let me see her" after some tests the doctor told us to follow him to his office.

"I am so sorry. But, there is almost no chance she will regain her memory." Adrien stood there. She wouldn't remember him. She wouldn't remember their talks at 1am. She wouldn't remember how much she loved him. She wouldn't remember how much he loved her.

He promised her right then.

Adrien went back to her room. She had been sedated. He kissed her forehead.

"I will help you remember, I promise."

===========================

Marinette was finally allowed to go home. Adrien had escorted her to her room. Alya had spent quite a few days trying to make it as clean and easy accessible as possible. Nino had taken out all of the scrapbooks, yearbooks, and photo albums. They were going to get their Marinette back.

"Welcome to your room Marinette." Said Adrien.

"Thanks... Adrien!" She said happily. She remembered his name! It wasn't much but he was happy with it.