“Did you see the date on the card?”

“Date?”

“Yes, the date.”  Sally said as she stood closer to Bronwyn and she pointed with her finger to the embossed date on the card.  “See?”

Bronwyn could not believe her eyes.  “But this card was issued almost two years ago.”

“Sucks doesn’t it?  If I were you, I would make him pay for waiting so long before he gave you the card.”

Bronwyn did not even bother toning down the dismay she felt at Sally’s words.  “What!?”

“What’s with you and all the ‘what’s’ anyway?”  Sally grumbled at Bronwyn.

“What do you mean to … no don’t tell me.  Why would he have a card in my name going that far back?”

Smiling brightly Sally tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.  “Because that is how long he has wanted to take care of you.”  Shrugging she expanded on that.  “Actually, a lot longer before then, but I suppose that is when it really started hitting home for him.  His need to have you and care for you.”

“Perhaps I can help?”  Sadie butted in.

Sally motioned with her hand for Sadie to continue.

“Bronwyn, you have to understand something about male shifters who find their mates.  The whole concept is coded into their DNA; it is part of who they are.  They will always; once they have found their mates, have this instinctive need to be with them and take care of them.  Wesley most likely got this card for you as a direct result of wanting to care for you.”

It took some time, but eventually it got through to her.  “For so long?”

Sally chuckled softly at the dazed amazement on her face.  “My dear, if he thought he could have gotten away with it, he would have had you moving in with him right from the start.”

Rose could not wait any longer and she playfully shoved Bronwyn to the side as she entered the boutique.  Sadie and Sallie followed dragging Bronwyn between them.

Rose stood admiring the rows of dresses on display.  “How long do we have?”

“Not too long.”  Sally shot at her as she went straight to the section with the slightly less formal evening wear.  “We still have to get Bronwyn a bunch of lingerie for Wesley to … admire.”

Four well shopped and satisfied woman walked into the den where their mates were sitting as they were watching a football game and Wesley’s face lit up when he saw how heavily burdened Bronwyn and the other females were.  The guys all stood up to take the bags from the ladies.

“Let me show you to my room.”

His husky breath sent shivers down her spine as Wesley took some of the bags from her so that he could take her hand to lead her upstairs.  When Wesley swept her into the room, he cleared his throat nervously and she shot a glance his way.  What did he have to be nervous about?

“If there is anything you want to change, let me know and I will get on it.  Or even better,” he smiled at her, “we can go and do shopping together.”

“Why would I want to change anything?”  Bronwyn asked as she took it all in.  It was definitely a man’s room; masculine, but still cozy enough for her to feel relaxed.  The warm browns contrasted very nicely with the cream and ivory trimmings with a touch of bronze to spice it up.  What she liked most about his room was that there was no TV or computer.