Klaus

Chapter 29: Klaus

-

A young girl by the name of Amalia sat by the riverbed, watching as the stream flowed. She glanced down at her sketchbook, which showed a blank page. She came to that exact spot daily to find time to draw, but for some odd reason, she hadn't been able to that day. Typically, it had come naturally to her and she drew anything without thinking of it beforehand, but that day, all she could do was admire the beauty of the spot she had picked out.

She heard footsteps from behind her and turned around to see a handsome young man staring down at her. "Did I startle you?"

"Only a little." Amalia responded to the stranger, looking into his deep blue eyes. Something about them made her not want to look away. "Usually no comes to this particular spot."

"With the exception of you." The boy responded, making her smile. "May I ask for your name?"

"Amalia." The girl responded sweetly and he grinned. "And you?"

"Niklaus." He introduced himself before taking a seat next to her, looking at the blank page that sat on her lap. "May I peak at your artwork?"

She never let anyone look at anything she drew. But for some odd reason, she didn't mind if he did. "I'm not sure. I'm only just meeting you."

"Ah... it is sacred." He realized that her art wasn't something she demonstrated for the world to see. But it was her own.

"Is that not what art is meant to be?" She asked and she was completely right. Artists didn't create masterpieces to be lauded by the rest of the world, but for themselves. They created art because it was a safe haven for them to express themselves.

"Only the artists that are true have art that is sacred." He grinned at her, watching as her cheeks tinted a bright pink from him surrounding her.

"Is that so?" She laughed, bringing her hand to cover her face, embarrassed by the blush of her cheeks.

"There is no need to cover yourself." Klaus grabbed onto her hand, bringing it back down to her side, never letting go of it. "True beauty knows no coverage."

✰✰✰

"We meet again." Amalia heard a voice ask from behind her and she turned around to see the man she had met only earlier in the day.

"I suppose we have fate to thank." A smile lit up the girl's face, and as much as he wanted to keep himself from making the same expression, he couldn't help it.

"I would agree if I believed in such a thing." He revealed that he found the idea of 'fate' foolish. He believed that it was up to you to create your own ending. "Take a walk with me, will you?"

"A stranger?" She questioned if she should follow him, though she knew she wanted to. "How will I know to trust you?"

"Please." His lips curved upwards and she quickly gave in, taking his hand and letting him lead her.

✰✰✰

"Where have you brought me?" Amalia looked around at the beauty of the architecture of the area the two of them stopped at.

"That, my love, is a secret." He placed his gentle hand on the end of her chin, getting a good look at every last feature on her face. "You are... exquisite."

"Thank you, my lord." She blushed at his words, bringing her head down to look at the ground, clearly embarrassed by the slight tint of her cheeks.

"Please. Call me Klaus."

Okay, so I had all of these scenes prewritten for another time, but may as well use them when I can't fit her into a chapter, but it's centered around Klaus. Anyway, keep in mind she doesn't remember any of this, it's just for all of you to have since I'm feeling nice. I know it's short, but I hope you guys enjoyed!

x