By the Light of the Moon

Chapter 25: By the Light of the Moon

-

"You trapped her in the house?" Stefan clearly didn't agree with the method of keeping Elena Gilbert safe that Damon Salvatore and Amalia Schultz had come up with.

"It's for the best. Trust me. Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits. You should be glad the two of us are even getting along." Damon motioned between him and the much shorter girl that sat beside him, taking note of the fact that they weren't verbally going at each other's throats. "I brought you this."

"Just a small care package we put together." Amalia informed him as Damon held the brown bag up in the air. "You know, the basics... candles, lanterns... meal plan."

"Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." Stefan shook his head, refusing to accept the small gift from them.

"Yeah..." Damon agreed with him, bringing the bag back to his chest.

"You three are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." Katherine looked between the Salvatore boys. "And whatever he has planned for you."

"I've been dead before. I got over it." Damon shrugged it off, not seeming to care about it.

"Anyway." Amalia changed the topic completely so they wouldn't have to listen to Damon and Katherine bicker anymore. "We're going to figure out a way to get you out of here, Stef."

"Don't worry about me. Just make sure Elena's safe." Stefan requested that his girlfriend be their top priority. After all, while he was locked away in the tomb, nobody could get to him, per se. But everybody could get to her with ease.

"I'm getting you out of here." Amalia disregarded everything he had said to her, clarifying that she wasn't planning on leaving him in there to rot for the rest of his immortal life. "I promise."

"Hurry up, snow white." Damon Salvatore called from the staircase, waiting for him to finish her conversation with his brother.

She walked over the stairs to meet Damon, her eyes following his at the top of the steps. Though when she got to the first step, rather than taking it, she looked back at Stefan Salvatore and just smiled.

✰✰✰

"You should really lock your door." Damon and Amalia walked through the front door of the Gilbert residence to see her sitting on the couch, bored out of her mind. "Oh, come on, pouty. At least give me two points for ingenuity."