The Things I Like

I like lots of things. I like everything and nothing. But most of all, I like those little things.

I like warm hot chocolate that spreads throughout your body when you sip it. I like coming inside to a warm house on a cold evening. I like the seasons as they rotate and gift you with their talents when the time comes. I like winter, and the perfect whiteness that comes with it. I like it when it snows over night and when you look outside the window the snowflakes are crisp and untouched.

I like hanging out with my friends at lunch, and creating memories that will never fade. I like laughing uncontrollably with them, and then later reminding them of the same joke, starting that laughter all over again. I like cherishing the moments where we can all sit in silence together, and yet feel comfortable enough to do so.

I like being special compared to other people. I like writing, as it flows from me and creates a whole other world on a page. I like getting ideas for a book, and letting inspiration fill me until it’s at it’s bursting point, and I have to write. I like feeling inspired, and the rush of adrenaline and power it gives me.

But most of all, I like that fact that you won’t judge me. I like that you accept me with all my flaws and all my talents. I like that you take care of me whenever I feel even the slightest bit sick. I like that you make me laugh when the world makes me feel useless. And I like that you make me feel useful whenever I’m not. So thank you. And always, always remember, I’ll always like you.