I've Been So Blind

Cooper stares at the ground like he could create a hole and disappear into it. I lick my lips, maybe this was a bad idea...

Finally, he looks up at me, "Yes."

My breath is knocked out of me and it seems the world stops for a moment. I cover my gasping mouth, trying not to look like a fish out of the water, gasping for air.

"Really?" I say, even though is comes out weak and my voice cracks.

Cooper rubs the back of his neck and sighs, "I said you would be falling for me, I didn't think this would happen. It's fine really... You don't have feelings for me do you?"

I guess I kind of jump on Cooper, it was like all the feelings I've been hiding have broken out of its cage and exploded. Cooper is really taken my surprised but meets it head on. We're grabbing each other, as we press each other against the other. How could I've have ignored this feeling? I tangle my hands in his hair and thrust his head toward mine.

River stares at us then speaks, "Uh... guys?"

We break apart, my heart screams at me for more but my brain says no.

Cooper grins, "Ever have a boyfriend before?"

I shake my head, "Never."

Cooper clears his throat, "Well, Crystal Wayne, will you be my girlfriend?"

This takes me back, I lied to Cooper, and I have had a boyfriend before. His name was Justin Gordon. He was really nice to me but then turned mean and just god awful. I even became scared of him and then he dumped me. We haven't talked since... I don't want to either.

There's a deep worry inside that this would end up like Justin but I push it aside, "Yes."

Cooper's face brightens up immediately, "Really?"

I nod as he grins and high fives River which surprises him.

River stands up and walks over to me and whispers in my ear, "I've never seen Cooper this happy before."

I smile and then yawn. It was late and school was tomorrow.

Cooper looks at me then looks at River, "Whose sleeping where?"

"Well, there're two bedrooms, one’s mine so whose getting the spare?" River says.

Cooper's eyes glittered, "Want to share, Crystal?"

"Um...okay," I say. Isn't this going a little fast? I mean, we've only been together for about 2 minutes.

River stretches for a moment then walks to his bedroom.

"Night, guys," River says then smirks for a second, "Have fun!" And shuts the door.

Cooper grins then turns to me, "You get in bed, I'm going to get one last drink."

"You drink too much," I say as Cooper shrugs.

I walk to the bedroom and sit on the bed. I did sleep with a guy once before. It was Justin, he would rub my back and whisper thoughts about us as I fall asleep.

Cooper walks in the room with a beer in his hand. He sits on the bed and rubs my back as he finishes it. This really takes me back to the Justin memory and I relax. Justin was nice until something went wrong in his head or something.

Cooper puts the empty bottle on the dresser and says to me, "Get in."

I move to the side of the bed and tuck myself in. He joins me on the other side, his muscled body takes up more than half of the bed but I don't mind.