What Were You Expecting

Cooper grins, "Miss me?" He opens up his arms as if he's expecting me to run into them.

I just glare at him, "I have nothing to say to you, Cooper."

He laughs, "Sure you do. You didn't text or call me, I was getting worried."

"Stop pretending!" I suddenly shout.

Cooper flinches and it takes a second for him to regain his senses, "What do you mean?"

"Stop pretending you don't know what you did!" I yell even louder.

He takes a few steps closer to me, "Crystal... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stay away from me!" I shriek.

Cooper looks at me concerned, "Just tell me what happened."

"You trashed our house, Cooper," I say coldly.

"No I didn't," Cooper says, "Why do you think I did that, anyway?"

I glare at him, "I was a fool to believe you might not be all that bad."

"What?! Crystal?!" he shouts, "Why would do that to you?!"

He takes a few steps closer but I stop him with my hand, "I don't want to hear it."

"Crystal," he begs, "Just let me talk, please."

I'm taken back a little, he's actually begging. I quickly dismiss the thought, "I thought... maybe we had something, but I guess not."

Quick as the wind, Cooper grabs me and pulls me against his chest. I'm gasping as he kisses my neck and then my lips, his hands pushing my body into his. Your heart is quicker than your mind so it temporality takes over me. I feel myself melting against Cooper's body as my mind tries to fight off the urge to forgive and forget.

Then I fully gain control over myself again. Why am I making out with the criminal that trashed my family's house? I push Cooper away from me as he licks his lips as if he tasted something that was good.

I stare at him as he stares back. I look away and pick up my bags. I began to walk out of ally.

I look back once as Cooper says, "I didn't trash your house, Crystal. I promise I'll find who did and I don't break promises."

I walk out of the ally, not wanting to listen any more. I find Michelle standing in front of the frozen yogurt shop. She runs over to me, careful not to spill any yogurt on us.

"Where were you?" She says, "I've been looking for you!"

"I was looking for the restroom," I lie and take a cup of frozen yogurt. My taste buds jump for joy as the flavor sings in my mouth.

We eat our frozen yogurt and when we're done, head back to the car. When we reach Michelle's house, her parents tell me that I can go home. I nod and gather all my things and hitch a ride from Michelle's mother.

I'm surprised that our house's windows are fixed when we pull up the drive way. I thank Michelle's mother and walk up to the door and knock. My parents answer and I walk in to inspect how the house was. It's relatively cleaned up. Still a few things to fix like the TV screen and replace all our plates but we have time to do that.

I head up to my room to find it cleaned up. I unpack my things and put on my pajamas. I text Tris and Michelle for a while until I become sleepy. I turn off my phone and lay down on my bed.

My mind thinks about the ally meeting. Our seconded kiss, huh. It's kind of weird that we kissed two times without being a couple or anything. I wonder how many people have kissed Cooper. I would think a lot. I mean, there are tons of girls that would die for a small kiss.

I shrug off these thoughts. School's tomorrow and I have studying to think about. I close my eyes and for some reason dream of aliens and each one has blue and brown eyes.

My alarm wakes me up in the morning. I groan and sleepily take a shower and get dressed. Breakfast is normal again with my parents. I'm glad, it's one less thing for me to worry about.

I finish breakfast and head outside to walk to the bus stop. I'm relieved when I see Cooper nowhere near sight. I walk to the bus stop and quickly boarded the bus. I sit next to Michelle like always and chat about our day together.

I don't see Cooper at all today at school. Well, school is busy enough to keep me on my toes without him. With exams coming up, I'll have to study more. Cooper will only be in my way of reaching for all my opportunities and goals.