3 ✟

A trail of smoke moves swiftly up to the ceiling as the candle's light died down. The spirit was gone. And my heart was still pounding uncontrollably. I swallowed down my fear and took in deep breaths. What did she mean by all of that? Why me?

I slowly stood up, grabbing the edge of the sink and reaching for the faucet handle. Turned the handle and splashed water all over my face. Eyes closed and my breathing become heavy. I stare into the mirror; looking at every detail on my face. Moving my eyes towards my reflected eyes. Something didn't feel right. I could feel something almost crawling in my veins. Was the spirit doing this to me? I asked question after question and still. No answers.

"Hey Libby? We need your help setting up the cameras. Meet Jay in the hospital." Aaron says as he knocks on the door, shaking me out of my own trance.

"Okay, got it. I'll be out in a sec." I say, resting my palms on the edge of the sink and leaning forward. "I got this... I got this... fine. Let's do this." I say to myself aggressively and then push myself up to stand straight and I walk out of the bathroom. Leaving the candles on the floor with the rest of the stuff. I walk out confidently not caring what will happen next.

Got dressed with a black t-shirt, black skinny pants and some combat boots. Grabbed my equipment belt and tied my hair in a messy ponytail. Quickly done my makeup with eyelashes and mascara and did my eyebrows. Once I was done, I walked out of the huge trailer and started heading towards the hospital where Zak stood in front of it. Already doing his interview and getting the show ready. Jay and Billy got the wires set up and Aaron held the camera, pointed at Zak. I walked through the field of dead and healthy grass and stared up at the windows of the hospital that glared at me.

"This is gonna be a long night." I say, standing in front of the doorway to the side of the abandoned hospital, facing down the long dark Hal way that lead to hundreds of patients rooms.