4 ✟

I explain to everyone including Zak my entire life, from when I was an infant and the paranormal experiences I been experiencing to when I got in a car accident 2 years ago. Zak could not believe what he heard, especially the part when I been experiencing paranormal activity since age 4. He looks at me in amazement and the crew bow their heads down and look at me with sad eyes. Honestly it wasn't a big deal, I just had a bad childhood. It's not that bad... right?

"Okay..." I break the silence. "...are we just gonna sit here and cry about something that happened a long time ago? Or are we going to get our ass's up and take down this house?" I say with such courage and confidence. They look at me and Zak smiles.

"She's right, Jay; grab the cameras. Billy; go get the wires and the monitors with Aaron. Libby, you and me are going to get the smaller equipment and you grab your camera." Zak goes on explaining, and then everyone was up and running. Back on track, as Zak and the crew left to place the stuff down and ready to air on tv. I look at Jeremy and walk up to him slowly.

"So..." I say softly, standing next to him and staring at the creepy home together.

"So." He replies. "You really did see Ghost's huh?"

"What? You don't believe me? I thought this job would give it away... besides, I didn't know you believed in this stuff too. Are you sure you are here because you want to be famous or something?..." I laugh and he punches me in the shoulder, he grins and then looks back at the house.

"No... of course not. It's just... since me and Martha have been living here since mom moved out to a smaller house. Me and Martha have been experiencing "odd" behavior going around the house. Including our daughter, Gia. Even though she is an infant and she doesn't understand most of this stuff. She still has difficultly living here..." Jeremy says with a frustrated face.

"I see..."

"...and it's even worse to know that..." he pauses.

"To know what Jeremy?"

"...to know that, whatever is in there. It wants to harm your family..." Jeremy looks back at me with tears streaming down his face. My heart broke to the sound of that, but the question that I wanted the answer to was "did the ghost tell him that?" Or "is he just worry for is families sake?" I turn to him and give him a huge, tightening my knuckles until the turn white. "No one hurts my brother's family, I won't allow that." I say to myself.

"Don't worry Jeremy... whatever is in that home. We will figure this out; I will get rid of it. I promise." I let go of him and give Jeremy a generous smile. I wipe away his tears and he smiles back.

"Thank you." He whispers, then Zak and the Crew call me to begin the investigation. "Be careful." Jeremy says as I walk away.

"Safety third." I laugh, and he laughs too.

˗ˏˋˎˊ˗

8:23:45 pm - Colorado, Denver. "The Mystery Home."
(That's what Zak titled this house for the episode.)

As we finish up the interview with Jermey and his wife Martha. We advice them to go out for the night and come back until sunrise. They agree and lock us in the "Mystery Home" with six cameras monitoring six different rooms. The living room, the dining room, the kitchen, two bedrooms, and one office room, plus the basement is monitored with a HD thermal camera that's facing up towards the door were I last encountered my first paranormal activity. I got my camera ready and my mic placed on my t-shirt. I pull my hair back in a pony-tail and lace up my combat boots.

"Are you ready?" Zak says, holding a miniature camera and holding an EMP recording any ghost whisper or sounds or anything in general. Aaron holds a small camera too, with the spirit box blasting out loud static noise in the entire room, it is hard for me to make out what Zak is saying.

"Ready."

A shiver crawls down the back of my spine and before we begin the investigation. A voice comes out of the spirit box. It says. "Amanda." In a child's voice. Soft and quiet. The boys look at each other in astonishment and then at me. "That's her name." I say, looking at the box and then at the boys.

"A-Amanda, tell me, do you know this women who is standing next to me?" Zak points to me while holding the camera in the other hand. Aaron, Zak, and I wait a while for another voice to come out. As I take thermal imaging photos, another voice at the exact time right before Zak covered the box with his hands. The voice said "Chester".

"Dude! It said 'Chester'. I heard it say 'Chester'. And that's Libby's last name!" He jumps up and done, and Zak steps back in astonishment. Suddenly we hear a loud bang coming from the kitchen. I spun around as fast as I could to where the noise came from. Zak and Aaron stand still and look at each other.

"Did you hear that?" I say, shaking from my arms all the way done to my legs.

"Yeah, I did." Aaron whispers.

"I am going to check it out." I offer and then Aaron hands me his the camera, I grip the camera and walk slowly to the kitchen. With the floor creaking under neath my feet. It becomes even more difficult to stay quiet.

Finally, I reach the kitchen. My palms sweating underneath the camera I approach the basement door. I hang my thermal camera around my neck and with my free hand, I grab the door knob and open the door slowly.

"Hello?" I say, my heart pounding and my head joins the rhythm too. I go down the stairs and the wood stairs creak under neath my foot. I could hear Aaron and Zak taking with the spirit box and continuing there session. I continue down the stairs until I get to the fifth step, until something stops me. Something wasn't right, and it wanted me out.

I begin slowly going back up the stairs, but before I could get to the first step where my exit was right in front of me, wide open. The door slammed shut, I jolted back and my first instinct was to "get out of here, now."

"I grab the knob and turn the handle but the door would not budge. I push and push, finally something comes over me and I begin to panic. Tears began to stream down my face.

"Zak! Aaron! Please help! Get me out!" I yell, panicking and pulling on the knob and pushing on the door. Behind the door I heard both Aaron and Zak rushing from the living room to the kitchen and both pushing on the door.

"Libby! Listen to me! Libby!" Zak yells from behind the door. "We will get you out! Hold on!"

I step back from the door and sit on the steps, rocking back and forth. Then I hear footsteps around me in the basement and a child's laughter.

"Please stop... please..." I whisper and cry on the stairs.