3 ✟

A sudden knock on my apartment door scared me having me jump up in fright. I quickly gather all of the demonic things like the candles and the ouija board and hid the board under my couch.

"Coming!!" I shout across my apartment and then checked to make sure I got everything hid. Then I fixed myself and walked to the door, placed my hand on the door handle and opened the door. It was Zak and his crew. I check the time and it was only 5:50 pm.

"Wow, you guys are early..." I laugh and then went to grab my stuff, leaving the door slightly open.

"Well, we need to make sure we get there on time...." Zak says while opening the door and walking in. He looks around and picks up my antique vase that stood on the table but now in his possession.

"I see..." slowly grabbing my stuff from my bedroom and walking toward the door where Zak was standing. "So, what are we investigating? Old building? Haunted house?"

"We are checking out this old home in Colorado, near Denver..." he says, grabbing my bags and we walk in the hallway down to the 1st floor. I stop walking to the sound of Colorado, Denver. Zak turns around and looks at me. "What's wrong?" He asks.

I stare down at the floor. Then a memory clouds in my head.

It was in the little house, by the city of Denver, Colorado. It was my house, I have lived there all of my childhood. And that's when I had my paranormal encounters. Doors opening and closing, lights flickering, even hearing footsteps clear as day. I can't go back, I can't go back... I just... can't.

"libby.... Libby!" Zak grabbed my shoulders and shakes me up a bit. I shake my head and close my eyes, then open then to see Zak in front of me. "Libby, what's going on?" He asks in a concerned tone.

"Uh-um-I... nothing. Just spaced out that all. I do that a lot..." I grin and try my best to cover up any other emotion then "okay". He looks at me then finally releases my shoulders. He grabs my bags and slowly start heading out from the apartment to the RV. I grab the remainder of the items and head to the door. "This is going to be a long trip." And then I lock the door behind me. Not looking back.

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

I sit in the back of the RV, not saying a word the entire ride there, just staring out the window. The RV was pretty big, it had a bathroom and a huge lounge area for a kitchen and table space, behind the table was a window and the entire RV looked elegant, which I'm sort of surprised-not-surprised that they would have this. I continue to stare out the window and then I hear the boys talking in the background. Zak was on the phone with someone, I believe a girl, and the rest were getting ready for Denver. I listen to Zak's conversation with the mystery girl when he ends the conversation with "hope you get better" and "we miss you"... I knew it wasn't my business to know who this girl was but, the sound of the conversation he had with her, gave me a hint she "used" to be on this team. I, for one, was a replacement. I walk up to him and sit next to Zak, placing my hands on top of the table, and as he hangs up. He stares into my eyes and notices that, I know something and I need answers, in my eyes.

"Her name was Ashley, and the last time she was with us was when she was physically was attacked by a demon at the goatman's bridge..."

"I see..." I say, playing with my nails and looking down at the glass table. I couldn't look into Zak's eyes, if I did. I would probably feel butterflies in my stomach or I would begin to sweat. I don't know why, he just, does this to me.

"Anyway, I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I promise..." his words filled my stomach, and now I looked into his eyes. He looked back, I felt as if the heater just turned on in the room.

"Oh well, Jesus is it hot in here?" I smile and slowly back away and pretend like I went for cold air. Phew, that was close from embarrassment. As I walked over to my room I paced back and forth. Saying to my self, "what are you doing?" And "go talk to him!" I look outside my room window and see that we are only 20 miles away getting closer to Denver. "Okay, few more miles, you got this...." and then I walked back out to the boys were they were setting up the equipments.

"So, can I help?"

˗ˏˋˎˊ˗

We finally made it to the house, in Colorado and we started to unpack all the equipment and placed it in the center of the driveway. I started carrying the cameras and the cables and as I came past the front steps, I looked up at the property and it gave me chills down my spine. My own house that I used to live in gave me chills down my spine. Great. And on top of it, my older brother, Jermey, took over the property for mom, and mom moved to an apartment house if since she didn't have enough money to take care of the two-story house. Dad left and my sister, Ireland, didn't want to stay with mom so Jermey was okay with taking the place with his wife.

We walked up the porch steps and then Zak knocked on the door, with the camera rolling behind him and I standing behind, trying not to get noticed by Jermey, we waited until someone answered. And of course, it was Jermey.

"Hi, welcome, I believe your the Ghost Adventures crew?" Jermey asks.

"Yes, hi, this is Aaron, Jay, Billy, and our new member Libby..." Before Zak could say anything else Jermey stared at me and then stepped onto the porch and walked past Zak and came closer to me. I stood still, sweating under my shirt and my palms sweating as well.

"Libby?" Jermey questions and looks at me as if I was an alien.

"Hey speedy." I say, grinning underneath my jacket, then I look up straight into his eyes. I could tell he was in disbelief. Once upon a time, Jermey and I got in a huge fight, thats when I left and I was driving home when he called me to apologize. I answered the phone but before I could say anything, a huge semi-truck crashed into me. Jermey didn't find out about this until 3 months I was in therapy. Besides, he couldn't visit me in the hospital because he needed to stay with his wife and newborn daughter, Charlie. I was so upset, I never accepted his calls or flowers. I said to myself "family comes first." But then I realized he had a family on his own, and family 'does' come first.

Jermey squeezes in a hug and I hug back even harder, shedding a tear down my cheek. "I'm sorry." I whisper in his ear while standing on my tippy-toes. Zak looks at me in confusion and so does the rest of the crew. I step back from the hug and step down from my tippy-toes.

"I got a lot of explaining to do, don't I?" I smile and place my hands on my waist.