CHAPTER 3 : BESTFRIEND OR NOT

~ Emerald Meets Raven ~

Midorima takes a deep breath as he start his car. He didn't know why he was doing this.

 'Why I care so much about her? If she wants to move out, then she can. But why I feel obliged that I need to watch her?'

"That's because she is your bestfriend, nanodayo." he answered his own question as he positioned himself in the driver seat and drive. His parents told him yesterday, when he look for her. That Takao finally decided to move out since she was not welcome in her father's house anymore. Her mother died when she was 10 years old. After 2 years her father remarried again, but that woman didn't know that his father have a 

daughter, since her father proclaimed that he was single.

So that when her father introduced her to her stepmom, he said Takao was just his niece. Since then her father is now devoted to his new family and he forgot that Takao is one of his daughters.

When Takao and her stepmom argued about family stuff, her father threw her out. He stayed in Midorima's household for a week. Then her father came and talk to her, saying he was so scared just to think that his "new family" will find his secret. So he offered an apartment to Takao and promise her that he will send her some money that she may need when she live by herself. Takao accepted it, saying that since her mother died she didn't see her father smiles again, and so that she will do anything that will make him happy again. Because her father's happiness will also be her happiness. 

'Maybe that was one of the reasons, too. She needs someone in her side now.' He sighed as he wait for the traffic light to turn green.

Takao was humming near the window while she was doing some sketch in a pad.

"Nari-cchi, why Midorima-cchi will also going to live in here?"

She stopped what she was doing when the blonde haired girl asked. She looked up and saw the blonde holding a remote, switching channels in her T.V. That girl paid her a visit just to ask her how is she. Kise knows about her bestfriend, Midorima Shintarou, because she always talk about him when they we're just two of them.

Takao told Kise earlier that Midorima texted her about asking if he can move in, in her apartment.

She looked again to her pad, sighing as her brain recognized the drawing that she draw, Shin-chan's face.

"I didn't know why he was doing that. Did you know he called me last night, he was so angry at me that I didn't inform him that I will be moving out in their house. That his parents told him about everything about me. While me . . . . keeping this things to him. He also said that, did I also forget that I have a bestfriend?"

Kise raised an eyebrow at the last word. 

"Bestfriend? Na ah, I think bestfriends will not do anything what you "did" in Midorimacchi's room." 

Takao face goes red and she looked out at the window. Avoiding her friend's gaze at her.

"W-What are y-you talking about, Outa-chan?" 

"You know what I'm talking about, Nari-cchi. Midorima-cchi is still a man, you are in his house for a week and you told me that his parents are away for 3 days don't tell me you don't do anything stupid."

Takao looked again at her friend and lowered her gaze.

"Come on, we're friends Nari-cchi. I was just guessing, but if there was really something happen between both of you.

You can tell me?" Kise said with a voice lace of concern.

"O-Ok, I-I-I'll be honest . . . .   We did it, ok. But Shin-chan said that it was nothing, that it was just his hormones."