Chapter 2

It was three o'clock and Lena was in the middle of a mountain of paperwork when her phone rang. Normally she would've let it go to voicemail, but she caught a glimpse of the caller ID and immediately answered it.
"Kara! Hey what's up?"
"Are you busy tonight?"
"Ohh, not really..." Lena lied glancing at her paperwork, but deciding she would  give up on it if it was for Kara.
"Good! Do you want to come to a hockey game with us tonight?"
"Us?" Lena questioned.
"Yeah Kenna and me, Alex was supposed to come but she bailed so we have an extra ticket." Kara explained.
"Okay sure, why not? I'll come."
Lena heard a muffled "yaaay!" In the background that could only have been Kenna.
"Tell Kenna I say hi. I've got to go, see you tonight."
"See you tonight." Kara replied before hanging up.
——-
Lena had never been to a hockey game, never even watched one on TV before, so she didn't quite know what to expect. She definitely didn't expect Kara and Kenna to show up at her door with faces covered in paint and matching jerseys. Kara insisted that Lena paint her face too, so Lena let her paint two small lines of the teams colours on one cheek.
At the game they all took their seats and chatted until the game started. Lena had to keep asking Kara to explain things, but Kara didn't seem to mind. Halfway through the first period Kenna had to go to the bathroom.
"The period's almost over, can you wait ten minutes?"
"No, I have to go now!"
"I can take her if you want Kara." Lena offered.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah it's no problem."
"Okay Thanks." Kara said great fully. "Now Kenna you stay close to Lena, and be careful." She cautioned.

After Kenna was finished in the bathroom she came up to the sink but she was still too short to reach anything.
"Do you need some help?" Lena asked.
"Yes please." Lena lifted Kenna up and helped her with the tap and the soap dispenser.
"Can we get some popcorn?" Kenna asked Lena as they walked out of the bathroom.
"Popcorn?"
"Please?"
"Okay sure." Lena gave in and walked ltowards the concession stand. "Do you think your mom will want anything?"

Kenna and Lena came back up to Kara with two bags of popcorn and only a few minutes left in the first period.
"Kenna did you make Lena get you popcorn?" Kara asked teasingly, Kenna just giggles.
"Oh no it's my treat, it's the least I can do since you won't let me pay for the tickets." The rest of the game went by fairly quickly, though Lena still has no idea what is going on. Kenna falls asleep during the third period. By the time the game's over Kenna is still asleep. Outside the arena they say their goodbyes.
"Are you sure you're okay to get home? I can drive you, if you want."
"No, no we'll be fine!" Kara assures her, because really it would be much faster just to fly home. She's lucky Kenna's such a heavy sleeper.