Chapter 6

Note: [X/N] = your ex's name or a random name (idk lol)

It was dinner time at Polar Star and everyone was chatting happily as usual. It's Thursday and Shun and I is going for another date this Sunday to the nearby carnival.

"Speaking of which, did you guys hear about [X/N] getting expelled?" Ryoko said opening a new topic.

The atmosphere dampened a little but since this is the kind of school Totsuki is, it's unavoidable. I couldn't help but freeze on the spot.

Hearing [x/n] getting expulsion was terrible and worse, it might've been my fault. He's quite good at cooking and he doesn't get marks lower than above average so hearing him getting expelled out of nowhere means one thing.

"Wasn't [X/N] the person you had a shokugeki with, [Y/N]?" Isshiki senpai said, getting me out of my thoughts.

"Uhh.. yeah." I said meekly. I could feel everyone looking at me and the stare could only make me feel guiltier.

"Don't think too much about it. It's not your fault. He accepted your shokugeki challenge and you won fair and square, so whether or not he gets kicked out is not your problem anymore." Souma said earning some nod of approval from the rest.

"I guess so." I said smiling a little. Even if that was the case, the guilt was still there. I finished eating and start to play with my fingers under the table while keeping my gaze down.

"But how do you guys know each other? I'm just curious as to why he would accept your shokugeki challenge, no offense." Ryoko asked.

"None taken. He's... someone I personally know." I replied. I started pinching and scratching my fingers until I felt someone's hand intervene.

I looked to my side to see Shun looking elsewhere as if nothing around him has changed, but I felt his fingers slowly twining itself on my left hand until it was fully embarrassing it.

I tried to stay as calm as possible and to not look at our hands so that the others wouldn't notice, but I could still feel my cheeks slowly burning.

"Umm... If it's okay with everyone, can we change the topic?" Megumi meekly asked.

"Oh yeah! How was your date last Sunday?" Yuki immediately asked. Everyone started making teasing noises, but the most I could do was let my face flush from the memories of our date.

"Ah! She went red! Ibusaki, you sly dog, what did you do?" Aoki asked with a full grin on his face.

"Nothing. I just held her hand like this the entire night." He replied as he pulled our intertwined hands and casually showing it to everyone.

"Sh-Sh-Shun!" I stuttered while blushing madly. Everyone around us started cheering as if we won some sort of lottery.

"So are you guys official??!?!?!" Ryoko asked in excitement.

"N-no, we're not together. This is... Uhmm.. Shun is just being nice because he noticed I was feeling uncomfortable earlier." I explained.

"Hmmmm... So Ibusaki-kun's way of keeping you calm and comfortable is by holding your hand. That's quite a friendly relationship you two got there." Isshiki senpai teased.

"Isshiki senpai!!!" I said while pouting at our senpai.

"Shuuunnn" I whined at the auburn haired male who didn't seem to be affected by everyone losing it.

"Hmm?" He asked in his usual tone. I sighed loudly before completely giving up.

===Next Day===