Backhead

A little overwhelmed that this story had several followers. Also glad to have met some of you at the ADNFest, hihihi. But as always, thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

I took most of the inspiration for the story from the usual Romeo & Juliet-West-Side Story routes, where the romance is evidently there but the relationship is unlikely to happen because of opposing sides. And those photos of Maine and Alden on railroad tracks in different locations just got my mind going. It really struck me how contrasting those photos were, how they emit different auras on similar locations. I love how Maine looked forlorn, matching the gloom of her backdrop. I love how Alden looked mysterious but with the sun shining behind him, it exuded warmth, contrasting with the coldness of Maine's photo.

So those photos became my prompt. And the whole plot and backstory of the Southern and Northern towns and the rest of the characters just flowed easily.

To be clear, I know nothing about trains except to ride on them. I had to do a little research for those terms I used for the titles (thank you google). I'm not familiar with any of those railroad terms, and at times when I was doing a chapter and selecting a title, I feel that some were a little off and in no way connected to how that chapter goes. But still, naitawid din naman. Hehe. One of my bucket lists, however, is to go on a train ride that goes through several countries. Traveling by train, for me, would have more of that Before Sunset feels. A little mystery, a little anonymity, a lot of adventure and excitement.

There goes another story from me. Hope you guys are still around when this shutafer starts a new one. 

***

Last one. I should say it's most appropriate. 

Backhead. The rear of a steam locomotive's firebox; located in the cab, it's where many of the locomotive's controls are mounted. (Railroading Glossary. TRAINS Magazine)