Junction

She pedaled her bike as fast as she could. She needed to get out of there fast. She was nearing the tracks. If only she could reach it before they got to her. It was a mistake to even cross their boundary, she knows this, but she just had to see for herself, so that she would be able to convince her brother. They've been through a dreadful drought in the north and they need to reach out to the south to survive. But of course her brother would not hear any of it. So she decided to risk it, traveling the 20 kilometers separating them on her bike. She saw what she needed to see, but now, she's escaping for fear that the Southern gang will catch her, punish her for trespassing, hold her hostage.

She reached the uphill where the tracks cross. She pedaled harder. She could hear a motorcycle roaring, almost upon her. The 8pm train was about to come any minute, and if she could just make it past the crossroad, she would lose this rider from the Southern gang.

As her bike jumped off the first set of tracks, she looked back and saw that the rider has skidded to a brake. She smirked, thinking she would make it safely across, but upon landing, she fell off the bike badly, her foot stuck in between the tracks. She could hear the train approaching fast. She struggled to pull her foot, but it hurt badly. She was panicking as the sound of the train is getting near. Her mind was already racing, her heart pounding.

Large hands grabbed hold of her foot, gently twisting it, setting it free from the tracks. She was lifted and just as the train was a hairline away, strong arms carried her and their bodies fell on the other side, narrowly missing the speeding train.

She was still shaking, from the fear of almost getting hit by the train, her heart still beating wildly. She was holding on to the arms that carried her, that was still encasing her, protectively shielding her. She dared look up at her savior, and was met by the kindest eyes she's ever seen. She swears she's still alive, but here she is being held by who she believes to be an angel in disguise. Then it dawns on her.

Her savior is the motorcycle rider chasing after her. 

***

Junction. The convergence of two or more railroad lines. (Railroading Glossary)