Chapter 18 - Bluebell Eyes

Adrien P.O.V.

I stood there in the dining room, staring at the ground. The rose Plagg had picked for me was still in my hand, just like new. 

"Hey, buddy," Plagg whispered as he flew onto my shoulder. "You okay?" I shrugged in response, and kept my eyes on the ground. I really didn't remember most of it, but I did know that I was akumatised.

The sound of shouting and people yelling for Marinette was audible from the hallway, making my stomach twist into knots. I dropped the rose, and slowly walked to the doorway, looking around the corner. A crowd of my classmates were surrounding a girl in a pink dress.

Wait-

Marinette?

Ethan seemed to be cradling her in his arms as she leaned on him, seeming to be in pain. A shot of panic ran through me as I saw her limp to her parents.

Had I hurt her when I was akumatised?  Was the only thought that ran through my mind. I couldn't bear to see her like that, so instead of running over to help her, I ran away. That may have been the most awful decision of my life, but I knew that letting her get some air after what I may have done to her was the right thing to do.

"Where are you going?" Plagg asked me as he flew by side while I ran down the halls of the palace. I sighed and came to a quick stop, looking down.

"I don't know, Plagg. It's just that I-"

"Adrien?"

Plagg zoomed behind me and I looked to where the voice had come from. It was Marinette. Her hair was all messed up and there was a tear in her dress.

Oh no, I really did hurt her didn't I? I thought and felt a tear fall down my cheek. She looked concerned and she was holding up her dress with her hands to keep herself from tripping. My heart ached and my stomach tossed. Seeing a girl that I didn't know meant so much to me, knowing that I hurt her, gave me a horrible feeling that I wished would go away.

"Oh, Adrien," She whispered, and began to run over to me. Her arms were stretched out and I think I saw a tear escape from her eyes. My eyes widened as she embraced me, wrapping her arms round my torso. I looked at her, then hesitantly returned the gesture.

To be honest, holding her felt so right. The way I could hear her soft breathing, her quick heartbeat, and the warmth she brought with her. She even smells like croissants!

"Hey, Mari," I said softly, and buried my face into her soft raven hair. We stood there for who knows how long, but I didn't care.

Had my feelings for Ladybug disappeared? Did I give up, or did I just realize that the one I truly loved was right in front of me? I thought, and took a deep breath, preparing for the release that was evident to come.

Marinette loosened the grip she had around me, so that she could look up. Her deep see blue eyes met my emerald green ones, giving me butterflies. Her soft pink lips turned up into a slight smile, making my heart melt.

I swear I was not ready for what she did next.

Mari placed her hands that were once around my abdomen onto my cheeks. I looked at her in confusion as heat rose to my cheeks. Her eyes began to close as she leaned forward, and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I was startled and almost pulled away, but instead melted into it. The butterflies in my stomach erupted into fireworks and my heart pounded. My head was filled with the thought of her soft lips and warm body, how she smiles and laughs. It was all about Mari.

We both pulled away, and leaned our foreheads against each other, panting lightly. My arms were still around her waist, hers now on my neck.

"Marinette? Adrien?"

We both jerked our heads toward the voice to see Alya standing there in shock. She pointed at Mari, then at me, then Mari, then me. Marinette giggled, making my stomach return to the butterflies I was yet to get accustomed to. I chuckled along with her, and placed a hand on her left shoulder.

"What. Just. Happened?" She asked, and placed her hands on her hips. I gulped, looking at Mari. Her eyes sparkled and her face was a bright red. Everything about her was amazing, to be honest. It was how she smiled, her curious eyes, how she's kind and caring, and she'd do anything to help anyone.

"S-Sorry, Alya. I-I was just ch-checking on Ad-drien,"  Marinette said, scratching the back of her neck. A poor attempt of an innocent smile was plastered across her face, and Alya didn't seem to buy it.

"Sure, Marinette. That's about as real as when you lied about stealing my phone," Alya whispered the last part and strutted over to Mari and me. She pointed her index finger at me, and furrowed her brows. I swallowed hard, trying hard not to sweat from the intense pressure Alya seemed to way over me. "Spill, Mr. Perfect."

I quickly glanced at Marinette, unsure about whether or not to tell Alya. She looked at me with an 'Eh, I guess why not' look, so I took that as an okay.

"We, uh, kind of, um," I said, and tugged on my shirt nervously. Then, Alya burst into laughter, leaving me speechless. Marinette seemed to be confused, because when I looked at her, her eyebrows were knit together as she stared at Alya.

"You guys are hilarious!" She yelled in between laughs. "I mean come on, you really think I didn't see that? Jeez you guys are oblivious!"

My jaw dropped and the obvious red splotches of blush appeared once more on my cheeks. She was here the whole time?! That means she - she saw us... kiss.

We kissed. We kissed! Oh my god, I hadn't realized it until now! I took a deep breath and looked once more at Marinette. Her hair dark as night, those pretty bluebell eyes...

Your hair is dark as night, your pretty bluebell eyes...

Wait...

(A/N OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING! I've just been so busy lately, and I hadn't had a lot of time. Please please please forgive me! I really will continue to update because I love this story and I love all of you. Thank you so much!!!! I love you guys so much and guess what?! We've hit 2,000 reads!!! UM WHAT? You guys really have been there for me and I appreciate you all so much! I'll update really soon so be ready!! Bye, kittens <3)

-Lennie